The simFlight Network Forums

Full CH Throttle Quadrant axis travel not showing in FSuipc

I just recently purchased a CH throttle quadrant and have been trying to set it up with fsuipc. It's working OK for the most part, the problem is that each of the 6 axes ignore anything below the "idle detent" on the CH quadrant. In other words, when each level is in the idle detent, fsuipc is showing 16383 at the top of the level's motion and -16384 in the idle detent, and it doesn't go any lower than that (i.e. when I move the throttle past the idle detent to the very bottom of travel, it still shows -16384).

The CH control manager utility is set up in direct mode with no mapping etc, and is calibrated properly. In there, in the test/calibrate page of the CH control manager, each axis shows full range of movement from stop to stop.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I just recently purchased a CH throttle quadrant and have been trying to set it up with fsuipc. It's working OK for the most part, the problem is that each of the 6 axes ignore anything below the "idle detent" on the CH quadrant. In other words, when each level is in the idle detent, fsuipc is showing 16383 at the top of the level's motion and -16384 in the idle detent, and it doesn't go any lower than that (i.e. when I move the throttle past the idle detent to the very bottom of travel, it still shows -16384).

Those values represent the absolute maximum range which can be accepted by FS. Those are the values you'd expect AFTER calibration. So, where are you actually reading those numbers? And how are you assigning the axes?

The input values shown in the Axis assignments tab in FSUIPC options are those supplied by the joystick drivers, directly, with no manipulation. FSUIPC cannot invent values outside of the range shown there. But the values you mention are so ideal that I find it difficult to believe they are the raw input values.

Please also state the version of FSUIPC (and the version of FS for that matter). You should be using 3.999z for FS9 and before, or 4.86 for fSX and P3D.

I'm afraid it is late here now and I'm off to bed. I'll check your reply in the morning.

Regards

Pete

Already figured this out, before anyone takes the time to respond!

I didn't know there was a group of setting in the CH control manager that allowed you to specify a specific range in the detent. It defaults to 255 which means the control will ignore anything between the detent and the stop. I set this to 240 and it works great!

Hopefully this will help anyone in the future who runs into the same problem.

edit: woops, too late! Thank you anyways though, Pete :)

Edited by molleh