The simFlight Network Forums

Squawkbox/Aircraft Transponder Integratoin

Hello!

I apologize in advance for such a silly question, but I'm not very experienced with FS9 editing, and am still trying to figure out what I need to do.

I have an addon aircraft with an operating 4096 transponder. I'm trying to integrate the operation of this aircraft's transponder with squawkbox's transponder, so that when I change the aircraft's transponder to mode C, squawkbox will automatically change to mode C also, same with standby and ident features. I understand that the aircraft's transponder panel file needs to have the appropraite offset to do this, but I do not know what file needs to be edited to achieve this. Any way you can help?

I apologize in advance for such a silly question, but I'm not very experienced with FS9 editing, and am still trying to figure out what I need to do.

I have an addon aircraft with an operating 4096 transponder. I'm trying to integrate the operation of this aircraft's transponder with squawkbox's transponder, so that when I change the aircraft's transponder to mode C, squawkbox will automatically change to mode C also, same with standby and ident features. I understand that the aircraft's transponder panel file needs to have the appropraite offset to do this, but I do not know what file needs to be edited to achieve this. Any way you can help?

There are no pre-defined offsets for transponder modes because there is no internal simulation of these inside FS. You'd need to find a way of detecting your add-on aircraft's transponder setting -- and there may not be a way, because, as on the default panels, it may simply be a cosmetic detail with no real effect other than on the graphic.

If it does have an internal effect it might be in a local panel variable, or "L:Var". You can read those in Lua plug-ins. You can make FSUIPC log L:Vars for you -- see the drop-down control assignments list for buttons or keys. Or you can log them by running a Log LVars Lua plug-in provided in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

Regards

Pete

Ok, I went through the FSUIPC manual. I'll be honest, most of what is in the manual is beyond me...I have never done programming this extensive

I was able to find an XML file that related to the transponder for the aircraft. What is it that I am looking for in this file?

Edited by bloodfox0

Ok, I went through the FSUIPC manual. I'll be honest, most of what is in the manual is beyond me...I have never done programming this extensive

I was able to find an XML file that related to the transponder for the aircraft. What is it that I am looking for in this file?

Sorry, I can't really help much with XML -- not my language at all. I think you are making it more compicated than you need to by looking there. Why not simply run the LVar logging as I suggested to see if the mode is stored in an LVar? If it is then I can help with a Lua plug-in to read it and update an offset. If it isn't then there's no way to do what you want, as I suggested might be the case.

Pete

Sorry, I can't really help much with XML -- not my language at all. I think you are making it more compicated than you need to by looking there. Why not simply run the LVar logging as I suggested to see if the mode is stored in an LVar? If it is then I can help with a Lua plug-in to read it and update an offset. If it isn't then there's no way to do what you want, as I suggested might be the case.

Pete

Ok. Again, sorry for the inexperience. To do this, I want to load the aicraft in question, run FSUIPC menu, check all possible log details, switch the transponder to the different modes, then stop the logging, correct?

If this is right, where can I find the stored logs?

Ok. Again, sorry for the inexperience. To do this, I want to load the aicraft in question, run FSUIPC menu, check all possible log details

No! Do NOT enable all log options! Do not touch the Log options tab!

EITHER assign a keypress to "List local panel vars", which as I said earlier is one of the added FSUIPC controls in the drop-down assignments list, then, each time you want to log the state of the LVars, just press that key,

OR find the Lua plug-in called "log lvars.lua" in the Lua examples ZIP in your FSUIPC Documents folder, put that file in the Modules folder, and assign a key to "Lua log lvars" (if FS is running when you install the Lua file, prress the Reload button first to make FSUIPC rescan the files).

The latter option is more useful as that will stay operating and log changes to the variables, whilst the former option will simply log all of them each time you press the key.

If this is right, where can I find the stored logs?

The FSUIPC log file in in the Modules folder, next to the INI file, the DLL and the KEY file. ALL FSUIPC related files are ALWAYS there, no where else!

Pete