The simFlight Network Forums

Have not got a clue

just bought fsuipc 4 and Wide fs

I installed it but haven't got a clue how to work it

"work it"? You don't "work it".

when I click on wide fs it tells me it is waiting for a connection

Do you mean WideClient, on your client PC? Is it linked on a Network to your FSX PC? Have you started FSX?

the fancy boxes I have seen in the manual don't show up either

What "fancy boxes" in which Manual? There aren't any "fancy boxes" associated wth WideFS. It usually operates invisibly, or nearly so, behind the scenes, simply linking your FSUIPC application add-ons on your Client PC to FSX on your FS PC.

What did you buy WideFS for? What programs are you wanting to run on your Client PC?

Pete

G'day Pete

Yes I have started fsx a box comes up on WideClient when I click it and tells me it is waiting for a connection

I think I might have mucked it up being a old timer

I shall give it another go and see what happens

The only add ons that I have are Rex weather

and Orbx scenery and fsx

Thanks for your reply

John

Yes I have started fsx a box comes up on WideClient when I click it and tells me it is waiting for a connection

Okay. Do you have a working network between the two PCs? Are they both running the same version of Windows? Do you have a firewall set up which could block things? Don't forget Windows by default will set up its firewall.

I think I might have mucked it up being a old timer

An old timer being what, 70, like me, or older?

The only add ons that I have are Rex weather

and Orbx scenery and fsx

There's no point in running WideFS then. Neither of those use FSUIPC, and all WideFS is doing for you, when it connects, is providing an extension to the FSUIPC interface on your Client PC. What are you hoping to do on that PC? Why did you buy WideFS if you have no add-ons capable of using it?

Regards

Pete