The simFlight Network Forums

Combining Axis's

Hello All:

My Saitek AV8R has a "Twist" axis which my Saitek ProFlight Yoke does not. I believe in order to get the twist axis in the Yoke system (to steer the AC and have the nose gear turn left or right), I would have to buy the Saitek Rudder Pedals. Short of doing that, is it possible in FSUIPC to combine two axis to a common command, i.e., aileron and rudder axis together?

I have a Gulfstream G5 that has a fixed, non-steerable nose gear when using the ProFlight Yoke system, but the nose gear will turn when twisting the joystick.

Thanks

Chris

Yes, I've enabled that. The nose wheel of the G5 still won't turn using the Pro Flight Yoke.

Are you sure the G5 nose wheel is animated in such a way? Doesn't rudder steer that aircraft on the ground?

You don't mention which version of FS you are using, but if it is FSX or P3D then there is a steering axis supported. In FSUIPC you can assign a single control lever/axis to up to 4 controls, so i would be no problem to set the aileron movement on your yoke to also operate the steering.

Pete

Yes Pete, rudder movement does turn the aircraft, but not simultaneously the nose wheel. It looks like it is a model problem because the default FSX aircraft nose gears respond to the yoke movement and their nose gears do turn when the yoke is moved to both right and left. Not the case on several 3rd party aircraft, the G5 being an example. I'll dig out the FSUIPC documentation for configuring a single axis to multiple controls.

Thanks

Probably isn't modelled with a turning nose wheel. I wouldn't even notice that because I can't see the nose wheel from the cockpit!

Pete

Well, I think it has to be because the nose wheel does turn when using the AV8R joystick "twist" motion. It just doesn't turn when using the Yoke because I think the "twist axis" is probably tied to using the rudder pedals which I don't have. I'm going to investigate and see if I can combine the aileron & rudder functions into a common axis.

Well, I think it has to be because the nose wheel does turn when using the AV8R joystick "twist" motion. It just doesn't turn when using the Yoke because I think the "twist axis" is probably tied to using the rudder pedals which I don't have. I'm going to investigate and see if I can combine the aileron & rudder functions into a common axis.

Just assign the aileron axis to both aileron and rudder, as I suggested.

Pete

Just assign the aileron axis to both aileron and rudder, as I suggested.

Pete

Will do that as soon as I can figure out how to do that!

Wonders of wonders! Just figured it out. Nose wheel turns now with the Yoke.

Thank you Peter.