The simFlight Network Forums

procedures for crash

I had some crashes of FSX in my home-cockpit system after installing 4.86 .

Do you think they are related at all to FSUIPC? Why? What was your previous version? What sort of crashes?

Please get the crash data from Windows logs. You need to get the Module name and Offset, plus Crash Code.

Could you kindly explain how I can log what happened so I can ask your help?

FSUIPC makes a log in any case. It's in your FS Modules folder.

Pete

Do you think they are related at all to FSUIPC? Why? What was your previous version? What sort of crashes?

Please get the crash data from Windows logs. You need to get the Module name and Offset, plus Crash Code.

FSUIPC makes a log in any case. It's in your FS Modules folder.

Pete

Well, all has been running smoothly for a couple of years, then , after 4.86 install, FSX crashes....

so, what else should I think of ? I think it's the most likely cause, but I'd naturally be wrong.

anyway, I'll try to show you logs.

Maurizio

www.sim737ng.it

Edited by maucinti

Well, all has been running smoothly for a couple of years, then , after 4.86 install, FSX crashes.

Could easily be something else. Changing one module causes memory allocations to change. A bug which corrupts innocuous memory before corrupts vital memory now. Happens a lot. To suspect 4.86, which is in daily use on very many systems which don't crash, is not really as logical as you suppose.

And you didn't say what the previous version of FSUIPC ("for a couple of years"?) was. Maybe another add-on which uses FSUIPC is using it in a way which was wrong but which has now been changed. There are all sorts of possibilities. I would help you if I had any information other than your accusations, but starting off by making strong assumptions helps no one.

I'm away on holiday from Friday for two weeks, so if you want further help please try to make it snappy.

Regards

Pete

And you didn't say what the previous version of FSUIPC ("for a couple of years"?) was. Maybe another add-on which uses FSUIPC is using it in a way which was wrong but which has now been changed. There are all sorts of possibilities. I would help you if I had any information other than your accusations, but starting off by making strong assumptions helps no one.

Are you kidding, aren't you?

where did you see "accusations" in my question?

I only asked how to show you the proper logs in order to have some ideas about the fact that FSX crashed soon after I installed 4.86, noting that it never crashed before.

I made no "strong assumptions" , just asking for help....

If that hurts you , well, I won't bother you anymore.

Stay serene.

regards

maurizio

• 3 weeks later...

where did you see "accusations" in my question?

Here:

what else should I think of ? I think it's the most likely cause,
I made no "strong assumptions" , just asking for help....

And I said I couldn't help without information, and mentioned which log to get as the first step. I've not seen a result of that request yet.

Regards

Pete