The simFlight Network Forums

Parking Brake

Sorry if this has been posted before but a search didn't show anything. I have my parking brake programed through a Pokeys card as a digital input and it was assigned button #5. In the Buttons and Switches section I can apply and release the parking brake and it recognizes it when it's released (it has a simple on/off switch). The problem is if I assign Parking Brake from the drop down list for either Button Pressed or Button released then it only toggles the parking brake whenever I set or release the brake (e.g. when I set the brake it sets in FSX but when I release the brake it doesn't move in FSX until I set the brake again). Obviously a three position switch would work but it's not made that way.

Can anyone help me resolve this please?

Thanks

Alan

Assign the parking brake to the button press in FSUIPC and apply the normal brakes function to the button release in FSUIPC. Pressing FS the brakes function i.e. "." on a keyboard will cause the brakes to go on but it will also force the parking brake off. This is how I have my parking switch setup and it only has an on and off position, i.e. a closed or open circuit.