The simFlight Network Forums

Widefs (FS9)

Hi,

i have a problm with wideFS. Alway when I start the FS i get the Error log below in the Image. Every Second there will be an error. When I delete the wideFS Server from the Module folder there is no error in the log when in start the FS. It seems like a broadcast problem. I have installed the latest version of widefs. But with the older versions i have the same problem

Have you an idea what the problem is. I have disabled the firewall for testing. But the same problem.

Have a nice weekend.

Christian

Operation System Win 7 Ultimate

16 GB Ram

FS9

post-18085-0-66780400-1364046176_thumb.p

• 2 weeks later...

i have a problm with wideFS. Alway when I start the FS i get the Error log below in the Image. Every Second there will be an error. When I delete the wideFS Server from the Module folder there is no error in the log when in start the FS. It seems like a broadcast problem. I have installed the latest version of widefs. But with the older versions i have the same problem

Well, certainly the Broadcast is done every second so it seems likley related to that. But I don't understand the picture you provided because i don't speak the language, and translators don't work on images.

If you can't fix the problem in Windows, you can tell WideServer not to send the Broadcasts and simply get WideClients to link by using the IP address and protocol parameters.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your answer. Sorry for the german picture.

One Question. How can i tell the server not to send a Broadcast. I have two client PCs and on the third PC FS is running. On the clients i have added this: ServerName=christian-pc. Must i change something in the Wideserver.ini?

Thank you for your help.

Chrsitian

One Question. How can i tell the server not to send a Broadcast.

Please refer to the WideFS Technical document, look in the RARELY CHANGED PARAMETERS section. I think it's the first one listed there.

On the clients i have added this: ServerName=christian-pc

You should also set the Protocol requited using that parameter.

Must i change something in the Wideserver.ini?

Yes, as already discussed -- the one to stop broadcasts, obviously, if that's needed. I still don't know why your system gives an error on Broadcasts. It's the first time ever I've heard of such a problem.

Regards

Pete