The simFlight Network Forums

More specific about fs9.cfg

Hi Peter, i'm a registrated user of fsuipc. I'm using the CH USB yoke and pedals with in FS9. In youre manual I can't find a precise discription on how to change fs9.cfg for the best use of the controls. There is an example, but this for fs2000 right? Can you a give an example for how to edit fs9.cfg to get the best results for the above mentioned controls.

Nick

In youre manual I can't find a precise discription on how to change fs9.cfg for the best use of the controls. There is an example, but this for fs2000 right? Can you a give an example for how to edit fs9.cfg to get the best results for the above mentioned controls.

The only reason there's an example for FS2000 is that before FS2002 there was no support in FS's configuration for proportional toe brakes. The facilities in FSUIPC allowed the toe brakes to be used, but it needed some assignments manually adjusted in the CFG file.

Since version 2002 FS has supported toe brakes properly in any case. There is no need to edit the CFG file -- indeed it is very difficult to do so these days. Please assign and calibrate everything using FS2004's own facilities for this. If you wish, you can then make final and more accurate settings for dead zones and centres in FSUIPC, but you need to get it right in FS first.

Regards,

Pete