The simFlight Network Forums

Button Repeat. (Unprogramming the keyboard delay) Is there a mouse click option similar?

Hi Pete,

Just for the benefit of people new to FSUIPC, in the Advanced Users Guide there is some very useful information such as Button Repeat, where the User can program the rate at which their button repeats the command. If found this useful in programming my X-52 upper HAT switch. I used the Left and Right portion to set my heading bug. I grew tired of the small delay built in for the heading bug to move. Using the Button Delay programming, I was able to move the heading bug instantaneously instead of that half second delay or so. You can increase the delay or get rid of it all together. Page 15.

Ok so, is there a way I can have this same feature when I click on a control with my mouse? Now that the modelers are getting sophistacated with the switchology in the VCcockpits, it would be useful to get rid of that pesky delay when I point at say, the heading dial in my CJ1+. Also, can this be done if I want to use a key on my keyboard say F1 for example? As always thanks in advance for your advice and help!

Hope you're doing well!

Using the Button Delay programming, I was able to move the heading bug instantaneously instead of that half second delay or so. You can increase the delay or get rid of it all together. Page 15.

There's a very very good reason for having an initial delay before repeating kicks it. Without any at all it is very difficult to do single one step changes. FSUIPC is here merely emulating the way the mouse action on gauges also operates, and for the same good reasons.

Ok so, is there a way I can have this same feature when I click on a control with my mouse?

The delay is built in to the way FS works, so no. It is there for the reason I stated.

Also, can this be done if I want to use a key on my keyboard say F1 for example?

Keyboard repeat delays are actually part of the Windows/BIOS keyboard programming and are also done for the very same reason.

Regards

Pete

Sorry if I was unclear. This is how I have my FSUIPC.INI set up for buttons of course.

[buttons]

Buttonrepeat=5,0 //20,10 DEFAULT

1=P0,6,C65752,0

2=P0,21,K49,8

3=P0,20,K55,8

4=P0,22,K50,8

5=P0,19,K191,11

6=P0,2,C65759,0

7=P0,3,C65758,0

8=P0,1,C65861,0

9=P0,4,C65570,0

14=P0,0,C66654,0

16=P0,14,C65567,0

17=P0,5,K65,8

18=R0,17,C65615,0

19=R0,15,C65607,0

Is there a way to have the left/right buttons on my mouse have the same setting? (IE 5,0 instead of 20,10)?

I understood the part about the delay, and it being a good thing. I simply liked the manner of the faster response of my heading bug. Almost instantly. So I thought there might be a way to do this with my mouse buttons.

Sorry if I was unclear.

I don't think you were unclear.

Is there a way to have the left/right buttons on my mouse have the same setting? (IE 5,0 instead of 20,10)?

No, because the mouse buttons aren't assigned to something (eg a control) which is repeatedly sent, like buttons. The mouse button being pressed is merely detected by whatever is under the mouse pointer. Any repeats or delays are to do with the underlying code there, nothing to do with the mouse action itself.

Regards

Pete