The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC might cause BEX error?

Hi Pete. The last months i have lots of BEX errors and i have been searching for the reason high and low. Now i got this answer from Microsoft Technet: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/27547e4d-e5c3-4118-b5cd-bf310b2303bb As you see my FSUIPC is one of the suspects. Would be wery interesting to see what your thoughts is around this? Best regards Ø.

Hi Pete. The last months i have lots of BEX errors and i have been searching for the reason high and low. Now i got this answer from Microsoft Technet: http://social.techne...cd-bf310b2303bb As you see my FSUIPC is one of the suspects. Would be wery interesting to see what your thoughts is around this? Best regards Ø.

Very unlikely considering FSUIPC is in use on thousands of users systems without problems. It is extremely heavily tested in all sorts of conditions, and in almost constant use on my own systems.

You don't even say you are using an up-to-date and supported version.

Regards

Pete

Sorry for the short first post. Here is some more info about the issue. Im running FSUIPC registered version 4866. The errors im searching after causes BEX / MSVCR80.dll CTD.

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll

Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.6195

Fault Module Timestamp: 4dcddbf3

Exception Offset: 00008aa0

Exception Code: c000000d

Exception Data: 00000000

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1044

Additional Information 1: ab79

Additional Information 2: ab7926714af9318ec847b8018d0be9b7

Additional Information 3: 024a

Additional Information 4: 024af90692f63dbde2a7557cc9366571

As i wrote in the post i linked to, i have searched the net up and down trying out every good tip i could find without luck. Your FSUIPC have runned flawless on my system for several years. But as you see in the answer i got after posting my DMP files, the guy who had a look at it suspected that it might be something with that module.

There were several files that were involved in the crash with potential suspects bolded:

Unable to load image F:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for FSUIPC4.DLL

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FSUIPC4.DLL

Unable to load image C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mshtml.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mshtml.dll

Unable to load image C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ieframe.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ieframe.dll

Unable to load image F:\FSX\g3d.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for g3d.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for g3d.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for acontain.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for acontain.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for window.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for window.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for api.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for api.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for main.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for main.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for fsx.exe

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for fsx.exe

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for demo.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for demo.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for A2A_Feel.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for A2A_Feel.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for symmap.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for symmap.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for A2A_Accusim.DLL

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for A2A_Accusim.DLL

Probably caused by : msvcr80.dll ( msvcr80!_invalid_parameter_noinfo+0 )

I would first suspect the FSUIPC4.DLL.

This was the answer i got and thats why im interested in what you might think of it. Im not pointing fingers at all, just trying to find out whats causing this errors. Im not capable of my own to understand this DMP files, and thats why im asking. Hope you can provide some more info or tips on what to do next? Regards Ø.

Sorry for the short first post. Here is some more info about the issue. Im running FSUIPC registered version 4866. The errors im searching after causes BEX / MSVCR80.dll CTD.

This was the answer i got and thats why im interested in what you might think of it. Im not pointing fingers at all, just trying to find out whats causing this errors. Im not capable of my own to understand this DMP files, and thats why im asking. Hope you can provide some more info or tips on what to do next? Regards Ø.

I already followed the links you provided, there was no need to post it here. And it listed many more modules than FSUIPC4 -- that only appears first because it is loaded last. You'll have to proceed by a process of elimination. Remove ALL add-ons and add them one by one, testing in between. for example you have two A2A modules running as well.

You either have some very unusual conflict going on (unusual because you are the only one reporting it, or at least the only one coming here with it), or you have a corrupted installation or a bad driver. Other possibilities include failing memory chips, overheating and other hardware problems. It's a very complex problem to solve and I'm sorry but if I had it I'd start by eliminating as much as possible, then reinstalling things. At worse i've had to reformat disks and reinstall Windows (which actually can be a good thing in the long run, resulting in a much cleaner system).

BTW I'm not capable of analysing DMP files either, not since about Windows 98. Sorry.

Pete

Thanks for your reply Pete. I will probably reinstall the complete machine from scratch, as you say in the long run it might be a positive thing. When errors like this appears and its no obvious reason, my thought it that you probably causes more damage when trying to repair the one thing after another. I was hoping that the reason would be identified after this DMP log, but thats life. Thanks anyway for your time. Ps. Why cant i change lines with "enter" when im writing in this forum? Regards Ø.

Ps. Why cant i change lines with "enter" when im writing in this forum? Regards Ø.

Sorry, what do mean mean by changing lines with 'enter'? Enter just starts a new line as in any editor. When you type a message you are using an editor like Notepad (or Wordpad, considering there are font/size/colour/emphasis options).

Pete

Pete.

Sorry for the language trouble, as you probably understand English is not my first choice.

Ofcourse i should have wrote "Why cant i start a new line with enter."

Now im using notepad but when in your forum i cant start a new line.

Peter.

Great to hear that you have got the BEX and appcrash fixed.

I have tryed several Nvidia drivers here with the same errors sorry to say.

Practically everything regarding drivers and bios is the newest versions without any difference.

The last thing im going to try now is to delete and reinstall the addons present in the dmp file. Again.

If that dont betters the situation, its full schratch on every disc.

Ofcourse i should have wrote "Why cant i start a new line with enter."

Now im using notepad but when in your forum i cant start a new line.

Hmm. No idea. Works fine for me and most others as far as I know. It isn't my forum software of course, all the SimMarket forums use the same software, and I think it is pretty much the same at AVSIM and most others. All of them, this included, offer normal editing facilities, with Enter indeed starting a new line, 100% consistently. I can only think there's something odd set in your personal options for SimMarket forums?

Regards

Pete

• 4 months later...

Hi again Pete.

Im still having this BEX error even after i have completely reinstalled my computer.

And now this i what i have done and found out:

As i said completely scratch with new and fresh W7 and a fresh FSX i installed FSUIPC and then my favorite plain, A2a P-51 Civ, absolutely no other addons at this point.

Eagare to try it out i went for a flight and belive it or not, it went straight to BEX error again.

After several attemps with only errors i installed some other addon plains and those are working more or less flawless.

I have to say that this error happens about 80% with Accusim plains for some reason??

I have posted on A2a forum as well without any really good ideas, exept trying to reinstall my FSUIPC.

Removed all traces of FSUIPC in FSX/Modules and downloaded and installed V4.91 after placing your FSUIPC4_Loader.dll in my Modules map.

Today i have done some thoroughly testing, but i still gets BEX errors even before i get airborne.

But at once i removed my FSUIPC.DLL, i can fly my beloved Mustang for several hours!!

This i found wery wierd so i put my DLL file back in and straight to CDT.

Removed it again, and then it works great.

I have done this several times today with only the same result, so now i am polite asking for your help with this.

I havent got a clue why this is so, and im willing to test everything you can think of posting the results in here if i only can fix this error soon.

What is your thoughts around this?

Best regards Øyvind..

Removed all traces of FSUIPC in FSX/Modules and downloaded and installed V4.91 after placing your FSUIPC4_Loader.dll in my Modules map.

Today i have done some thoroughly testing, but i still gets BEX errors even before i get airborne.

But at once i removed my FSUIPC.DLL, i can fly my beloved Mustang for several hours!!

This i found wery wierd so i put my DLL file back in and straight to CDT.

Removed it again, and then it works great.

I have done this several times today with only the same result, so now i am polite asking for your help with this.

I havent got a clue why this is so, and im willing to test everything you can think of posting the results in here if i only can fix this error soon.

Best regards Øyvind..

Why the FSUIPC4 loader? Best not to use that -- some folks have said with that in memory they get strange results. I've never been able to reproduce anything odd, but it might be related to the order of things performed in SimConnect with rival SimConnect clients.

With many thousands of FSUIPC users and only you reporting a "BEX" error, I have to really say there's not a lot I can really do to help. Is there any information with this "BEX" error (which is not something I'm at all familiar with anyway) which might lead to specific code? Is there any way to narrow down exactly what FSUIPC might be doing for you at the time you get the error? Don't forget that FSUIPC is primarily passive. It simply sits there receiving information from SimConnect and placing it in "offset" locations for applications to read. If it actually does anything it is only because you or an application requests it.

Does anything you have installed actually use FSUIPC for aything, at all? If so, then the reason you don't get the problem without FSUIPC might simply be because the dependent application(s) then don't behave the same.

Or maybe it's related to some hardware driver invoked through FSUIPC due to axis or button assignments?

Maybe you can work around the problem by disabling DEP in Windows? See http://techblissonline.com/enable-disable-dep-in-windows-xp-vista/.

Pete

Thanks for your fast reply, really got me some ideas.

Why the FSUIPC4 loader? Best not to use that -- 

Ok. That came as a surprice. I have tryed about everything thinkable to fix this error, so when im finding this loader in your site with the discription, it went straight in to the modules folder.

But am i doing something wrong if i only delete that file? Or do i have to do something else to get rith of all traces of it?

Is there any information with this "BEX" error (which is not something I'm at all familiar with anyway) which might lead to specific code?

Yes. When the BEX error appears it always this info.

Description

Faulting Application Path: F:\FSX\fsx.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BEX

Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.6195

Fault Module Timestamp: 4dcddbf3

Exception Offset: 00008aa0

Exception Code: c000000d

Exception Data: 00000000

Additional Information 1: e926

Additional Information 2: e9263950142051511ceadcb55c0aa80c

Additional Information 3: d0f9

Additional Information 4: d0f9503db77943574b06d7e8446f9b9b

When a Appcrash is causing CDT its this.

Description

Faulting Application Path: F:\FSX\fsx.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Fault Module Name: API.DLL

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb58

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000176f6

Extra information about the problem

LCID: 1044

Does anything you have installed actually use FSUIPC for aything, at all? If so, then the reason you don't get the problem without FSUIPC might simply be because the dependent application(s) then don't behave the same.

Or maybe it's related to some hardware driver invoked through FSUIPC due to axis or button assignments?

This gave me some ideas.

Im running FSUIPC on my main PC and WideFS on my laptop to use PlanG and FSC8, i also have programmed several buttons from my throttle/stick. Im using a Saitek X52 Flight Control System.

The first that hits me reading your answer is:

Two of the "wheels" on my throttle i have programmed to Aileron Trim and Rudder Trim with the Axis assigment. When im in the sim taking a look at the trim wheels they always moves a bit from side to side, almost like its a little bad connection in the throttle wheels making a stream of adjustment data sendt to the sim. I dont know but maybe this cold create some kind of overflow or something making the sim go CDT??

Or as you wrote, hardware driver because of this?

The BEX MSVCR80.DLL can point to several things and one of them is hardware related, so i suspected my RAM for a while but after dobling my ammount swithcing places and tested them im pretty shure that is ok.

I will try some more here Pete, and my first thing is to use FSUIPC again but delete my Aileron and Rudder trim settings and have a go.

I will for shure try disabling DEP again, had several attempt to this without luck before but im not giving up.

Thanks for great help..

But am i doing something wrong if i only delete that file? Or do i have to do something else to get rith of all traces of it?.

As the Installation guide, also included in the ZIP, stated, whether the Loader is used or not depends on whether it is present in the Modules folder at the time you run the Installer. Therefore, after deleting it, you need to re-run the Installer.

Yes. When the BEX error appears it always this info.

That module is the standard C++ Run-Time library and is used very very intensely by all parts of FS. If there's a BEX error occurring in that it is most certainly being caused by some sort of in-memory corruption, which is pointing towards hardware I think. Are you overclocking the PC or any of its components? Have you checked that the memory chips aren't failing? (I do that by removing one at a time).

When a Appcrash is causing CDT its this.

Fault Module Name: API.DLL

Exception Code: c0000005

That's an access violation. API.DLL is, again, a general utilities DLL part of FS, used quite a lot. Access violations usually occur because of data corruption, bad pointers. That could be in-memory or from scenery or aircraft data files.

I really can't see a link to anything FSUIPC might be doing, in use or dormant.  Of course, the fact that FSUIPC is present in memory (as well as the Loader, the way you have configured it), will change the memory configuration, so if it is indeed a memory problem it may simply not occur so often, or at all, with different thngs loaded in different places.

I see n alternative but to try various changes, in a process of elimination, including possibly the memory chip configurations and, if you are overclocking, reducing that (temporarily) to see if that makes a difference. The only time I've ever had "BEX" and/or "Stackhash" crashes were with my previous system which was overclocked a notch too far. I took it down a multiplier (4.8 to about 4.6 GHz) and it was okay thereafter.

Regards

Pete

Just to add my own experience of 'memory chip configurations' on a new build. I installed 16GB RAM as a matched set from a well known supplier made up of four modules and would randomly get BEX errors  Testing of each module with memtest indicated no faults but when tested all together an error was recorded. By switching one pair in the corresponding sockets resolved the problem.

Just one possibility for the BEX errors.

Hi again Pete and scrooke.

Regarding overclock, my computer was running at 5GHz when this error first came, the first thing i did then was to go back to stock speed still with CDT`s.

Since then i have runned the default OC setting in my Bios at 4,6 GHz. This is rock stabil and i havent had a single Blue screen or lock with this.

My suspection has also been at my memory chips. I was running two chips with total of 8 GB and i have runned several memtest of those without any error logged.

Still i was not shure so i bought two more identical chips total of 16 GB, and i have switch places and tested again and again with memtest without errors, but entering the Sim Bex bex bex.

If all of those error logs is still pointing to the memory, i dont see anything else to do then maybe buy brand new ones and testing those??

What do you think?

Hi again.

Just a little update here.

I have now tryed different ram chips in different slots using all 4 and just 2, swithcing places back and forward.

Still the same BEX error.

So im now pretty shure that this issue dont have anything to do with my memory.

I also tryed to add FSX in the DEP list but get the message that this program MUST use DEP, so im not able to switch this off unless you have a trick to do just that?

What can i try next you think?

Regards Ø.

I have now tryed different ram chips in different slots using all 4 and just 2, swithcing places back and forward.

Still the same BEX error.

So im now pretty shure that this issue dont have anything to do with my memory.

I think you must have a motherboard problem, then.

Pete