The simFlight Network Forums

Setup reverse thrust with Thrustmaster Hotas X

HI all,just bought a Thrustmaster Hotas X Joystick and would like to set it up nicely in FSX.Unfortunately I recognized that the reverse thrust does not work. So if I pull back the reverse thrust it is set to 0. Is there an easy way to configure reverse thrust for this joystick with fsuipc? So I just would like to have starting reverse thrust at 50% of the "axis". Please be aware that I am a brand new FSUIPC user :-) Thanks for your help!

HI all,just bought a Thrustmaster Hotas X Joystick and would like to set it up nicely in FSX.Unfortunately I recognized that the reverse thrust does not work. So if I pull back the reverse thrust it is set to 0. Is there an easy way to configure reverse thrust for this joystick with fsuipc? So I just would like to have starting reverse thrust at 50% of the "axis". Please be aware that I am a brand new FSUIPC user :smile: Thanks for your help!

Reverse thrust on the joystick lever is available if you either map the throttle to the 4 throttles, then calibrate there, or assign to an individual engine throttle and calibrate in the same 4-throttles page. You can map the throttle for the other endines there too.

All this is covered quite clearly in the FSUIPC User Guide. Check out the calibration chapter.

Pete

Reverse thrust on the joystick lever is available if you either map the throttle to the 4 throttles, then calibrate there, or assign to an individual engine throttle and calibrate in the same 4-throttles page. You can map the throttle for the other endines there too.

All this is covered quite clearly in the FSUIPC User Guide. Check out the calibration chapter.

Pete

Thanks Pete.

Hmm, tried it out but did not manage to find the correct tabs and "knobs" to calibrate this. Could you perhaps just tell me with which "2 steps" I can do that.

I also read the manual but this is a bit tricky for a FSUIPC starter :-)

Thanks.

Hmm, tried it out but did not manage to find the correct tabs and "knobs" to calibrate this. Could you perhaps just tell me with which "2 steps" I can do that.

FSUIPC options are found in the Add-Ons menu (in the menu bar at the top of the screen during flight - press ALT if it isn't visible), and the calibration tab is actually called "Joystick Calibration" so it should really not be difficult to find -- surely not very mysterious?

The first calibration page has a section marked "Throttle". Surely you can find that? Again it isn't very difficult, and certainly not hidden! Then see where it says "Map to 4 throttles" just as I already told you? Click that, then use the little right-pointing button near the top to move to page "3 of 11". Now just "Set" and calibrate Throttle 1 there. When done, just use the Map buttons to cover the other engine throttles on the same page.

There is nothing difficult to find, and it has proven to be quite easy and intuitive to use even without documentation, so I am realIy at a complete loss to know why or how you haven't managed to go even one step!? What is missing in the documentation and my earlier reply to casuse this problem?

I have explained everything in the User Guide. If I were to explain it all again here it would be like an extract from the User Guide. Seems pointless writing one in the first place if it has to be repeated on-line as well, don't you think? It isn't as if you have to read all of the manual. I pointed you to the section to read, and it does actually show pictures of the correct part of the options, and gives you numbered steps to success!

Pete

FSUIPC options are found in the Add-Ons menu (in the menu bar at the top of the screen during flight - press ALT if it isn't visible), and the calibration tab is actually called "Joystick Calibration" so it should really not be difficult to find -- surely not very mysterious?

The first calibration page has a section marked "Throttle". Surely you can find that? Again it isn't very difficult, and certainly not hidden! Then see where it says "Map to 4 throttles" just as I already told you? Click that, then use the little right-pointing button near the top to move to page "3 of 11". Now just "Set" and calibrate Throttle 1 there. When done, just use the Map buttons to cover the other engine throttles on the same page.

There is nothing difficult to find, and it has proven to be quite easy and intuitive to use even without documentation, so I am realIy at a complete loss to know why or how you haven't managed to go even one step!? What is missing in the documentation and my earlier reply to casuse this problem?

I have explained everything in the User Guide. If I were to explain it all again here it would be like an extract from the User Guide. Seems pointless writing one in the first place if it has to be repeated on-line as well, don't you think? It isn't as if you have to read all of the manual. I pointed you to the section to read, and it does actually show pictures of the correct part of the options, and gives you numbered steps to success!

Pete

Thanks Pete. You won't believe but now I got it. It works nearly great. Only recognized 2 issues: Reverse goes only up to approx 20%; and with an Airbus X Extended it does not work, even after again recalibrating. Again, thanks a lot. BR

Only recognized 2 issues: Reverse goes only up to approx 20%

The amount of thrust available for reverse varies from aircraft to aircraft, and is never mre than 25%. The value is defined in the Aircraft.CFG file.

and with an Airbus X Extended it does not work

Actually airbus thrust control is very different in any case, if implemented correctly by the programmers. AFAIK there really is no continuous thrust "axis" as such, the different inputs just select the thrutst gates or modes (sorry, I am not well up on airbus terminology). You probably need a button to select reverse mode before you can control that.

Regards

Pete