The simFlight Network Forums

Make runways

I have this installed thougheter with RAAS from FS2CREW on my desktop and it worked fine.

Now I got my laptop back and tried to install everything there as well, everything else went fine but this.

This is what I get :

Failed to make Runways CSV files!

Failed to make FStarRC RWS file!

Total airports=0, runways=0

Any help pls!

post-59644-0-46364400-1366478324.jpg

I have this installed thougheter with RAAS from FS2CREW on my desktop and it worked fine.

Now I got my laptop back and tried to install everything there as well, everything else went fine but this.

This is what I get :

Failed to make Runways CSV files!

Failed to make FStarRC RWS file!

Total airports=0, runways=0

Before it got that far did it take a while processing your scenery layers? If so then it is processing okay but failing to write the results -- probably because your FS folder is protected. Try running it "as administrator".

If it didn't spend a while scanning then maybe you are not even running it from the FS folder?

Oh, and make sure you run FS at least once first, else the scenery.CFG file is not where it should be.

Pete

Before it got that far did it take a while processing your scenery layers? If so then it is processing okay but failing to write the results -- probably because your FS folder is protected. Try running it "as administrator".

If it didn't spend a while scanning then maybe you are not even running it from the FS folder?

Oh, and make sure you run FS at least once first, else the scenery.CFG file is not where it should be.

Pete

Many thanks!

I forgot to run it in FSX folder

I did that and worked like a charm :)

Thanks!

• 8 years later...

Pete, Good Afternoon.

I had used MakeRunways previously and work fine. After install all add-ons (FS2Crew for all the ACFTs I have, ATC PRO X, GSX, UGC, ASP3D and others), now I am having this same issue. I am running it inside my P3Dv5 folder, as ADM and got this error.

I can´t understand the message above about Scenery.CFG to check it. But I have this file too.

There is anything else I can do to come back to work again?

I am using Windows 10 PRO and MakeRunways 5.11

Thank you so much.

None of those add-ons are relevant.I think you are just not running it ' as administrator' as in the instructions.

Otherwise there's probably a corruption in your Scenery.cfg file.

You'll need to show your Scenery.cfg and the generated Runways.txt file if you want more help.

Pete