The simFlight Network Forums

Steering is gone crazy

Suddenly the steering tiller is gone crazy. I use Saitek yoke and I use two buttons, setted as "Steering Inc" and "Steering Dec" and the options "keep while held", with the "Steering Set" options after released button. But now the steering works only turning left or right, but not return ceneterd so it's impossible to taxi and taking off. It seems that the commands "Steering set" does not work.

I don't konw if this is important, ma this happens in these last days, after installing new Majestic Dash8 Q400 nd the FsUipc version 4.90. I've uninstalled both, then I've installed an older versione of FsUipc, but the problem isn't solved, so I've update to versione 4.90 of FsUipc, but I haven't installed again the Dash8.

What canI do?

Thank you

Luca

Italy

Suddenly the steering tiller is gone crazy. I use Saitek yoke and I use two buttons, setted as "Steering Inc" and "Steering Dec" and the options "keep while held", with the "Steering Set" options after released button. But now the steering works only turning left or right, but not return ceneterd so it's impossible to taxi and taking off. It seems that the commands "Steering set" does not work.

I don't konw if this is important, ma this happens in these last days, after installing new Majestic Dash8 Q400 nd the FsUipc version 4.90. I've uninstalled both, then I've installed an older versione of FsUipc, but the problem isn't solved, so I've update to versione 4.90 of FsUipc, but I haven't installed again the Dash8.

Well you've proved it isn't a change in FSUIPC, so I can only assume either something's changed in your settings or something else is interfering with the axis control (Steering Set). Have you checked? You should always test on a default aircraft in any case. But maybe there's something left of the Dash8 installation which is intercepting and stopping Steering Set? Does it have a DLL or EXE running?

Pete

I've partially solved the problem: There aren't exe running neither dll, but I've found an exe file to uninstall Dash8 Q400 and I've runned it (I've before unintalled it via Windows programs manager because there's not a link to uninstall in Majestic folder in the Start menu). Then I've deleted the trusted dll in FsX.cfg and the assignments of the steering buttons in FsUipc. At the end, I've loaded a Windows previous system configuration to go back to a working status of everything.

The result is that now everything works with a surprise: the ailerons work again to steering, because in this last months they didn't work!

Now I want to save this system configuration, then install again Dash8 Q400 to try.

Thank you

Luca