The simFlight Network Forums

Flight Sim Commander 9 not working with shareware version of WideFS7

Hi Pete ,

I am writting this request on behalf of my neighbour.

He has installed Flight Sim Commander 9. It includes FSX and FS2004. Also, there is a FSUIPC4 module available.

He has three consoles, but in the Full-screen mode on Windows 7 he is not able to get one of the view (which I guess is the navigation map).

For this reason he installed a shareware version of widefs on a laptop, from where he is using the wideclient. He wanted to try the setup before buying it. I am providing the log output of FSUIPC below. I infer from the log file that both FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 are not registered. Also, in FlightSim I noticed that the buttons to activate these two modules are disabled. And the WideClient was not able to connect.

So, the question is whether the shareware version doesn't really work in the above setup?

And also, does he needs to buy both FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 or just WideFS7 to get this working?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.823 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=61000000

46 System time = 05/05/2013 17:16:59

46 FLT path = "C:\Users\Wilfried\Documents\

Flight Simulator X-Dateien\"

62 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

62 FS path = "E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

358 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

358 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

358 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

358 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

358 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07

2480 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

2480 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

2480 FSUIPC Menu entry added

2496 c:\users\wilfried\documents\flight simulator x-dateien\Paderborn Gade 1 kalt und dunkel.FLT

2496 E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\B737-800WL.AIR

16848 Starting everything now ...

17160 System time = 05/05/2013 17:17:16, Simulator time = 17:17:03 (15:17Z)

18283 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

410704 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 395 secs = 23.6 fps

1582755 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 1168 secs = 23.9 fps

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cheers ,

Prasad

Hello.

WideFS cannot be used without registering, sorry. There is no trial or shareware version of it.

WideFS can, these days, be licences without requiring a license for FSUIPC.

Best regards,

Ian P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian ,

Thanks for your reply!

> WideFS can, these days, be licences without requiring a license for FSUIPC.

This means that my neighbour needs to only buy WideFS and not FSUIPC for his configuration. Can you please confirm?

Thanks in advance !

Prasad

We had this discussion a while ago over a different issue and Pete confirmed that, while WideFS used to require a registered copy of FSUIPC, either/or can now be licensed individually. The only limitation is that if both are registered, the registrations must use the same user name (the e-mail address can be different).

Cheers,

Ian P.