The simFlight Network Forums

Logitech G940 HOTAS FSUIPC assignments

Hi Peter,

Have recently registered FSUIPC 4.9, and flying the PMDG 737NGX, which in VC view requires some sort of Pan View or a program like OpusFSX to set up for example, a view of the throttles. The G940 has 2 POV hats on each unit. I have completley disabled the HOTAS in FSX and using FSUIPC exclusivley to calibrate and assign. I have assigned all the basic axis and buttons My problem is I need to assign all the POVs in FSUIPC, but I dont know what I need to select inside FSUIPC.

I have attached a pic of the unit that may assist with my question

g940_controller_layout_a10c_v2.jpg

The problem is when in OpusFSX and after setting up the view of the throttles, when I select either of the POV buttons on the throttle, they dont register as valid, but when I select either of the POV buttons on the flight stick, they do. I needed all the internal views on the 2 x POV's hats on the throttle and all the external views on the 2 x POV's hats on the flightstick.

I understand that you are not expected to support OPUS software, but I think once I can get FSUIPC to recognize all the POV hats, OpusFSX will recognize them, solving the problem.

In devices and printers/Logitech G940/Throttle (HID)/properties, all the buttons on both POV hats register, as do the buttons in Logitech G940/Joystick (HID)/properties

Win 7 x 64, FSX Accel

Thanks, Chris Morgan

Perth, Western Australia

I have assigned all the basic axis and buttons My problem is I need to assign all the POVs in FSUIPC, but I dont know what I need to select inside FSUIPC.

FSUIPC4 recognises POVs as both Axes and as a set of (usually) 4 or 8 buttons. You program is in one or the other tabs. It really depends on what you want to use them for.

I understand that you are not expected to support OPUS software, but I think once I can get FSUIPC to recognize all the POV hats, OpusFSX will recognize them, solving the problem.

Hmm. Not so sure about that. It depends whether OPUS is written to access devices using DirectInput or the easier to program but more limited "joyGetPosEx" API. FS itself changed over about FS2002 time. FSUIPC3 uses the older interface, but FSUIPC4 doews use DirectInput.

The difference in your case is that whilst DirectInput recognises 4 POVs per device, the older joystick API only recognises 2.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the reply Peter. I'll post this question on the OPUS forum to see if there is a way around getting OPUSFSX to recognize the 2 throttle POV/Buttons. In the above image, the "Coolie" and "CMS" buttons are seen in FSX Controls and in FSX/ Windows calibration, so it may be that OPUS doesnt use Direct Input.