The simFlight Network Forums

fire extinguisher offset FSX

Hi,

wich offset I must write to engage the fire extinguisher for Engine 1 or Engine 2 on a turobo prop airplane (e.G. Piper Cheyenne)

thanks and regards enrico

I use FSX SP2 an win7/64 with a registered version of fsuipc

wich offset I must write to engage the fire extinguisher for Engine 1 or Engine 2 on a turobo prop airplane (e.G. Piper Cheyenne)

Is that a default FSX aircraft? If not it may not obey FSX default methods.

Did you check the Offsets list installed in your FSUIPC documents folder? Just search for "fire". There's an offset which flags fires in each of up to 4 engines. You can set the flags to start a fire or clear them to extinguish one.

Pete

Is that a default FSX aircraft? If not it may not obey FSX default methods.

Did you check the Offsets list installed in your FSUIPC documents folder? Just search for "fire". There's an offset which flags fires in each of up to 4 engines. You can set the flags to start a fire or clear them to extinguish one.

Pete

Thanks.

I have only found EXTINGUISH_ENGINE_FIRE in the List of FSX controls.pdf but not in the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf. I have no idea how can I write the EXTINGUISH_ENGINE_FIRE for Engine 1 or Engine 2 when I press a button. Can you give me i little example (maybe)?

thanks again from enrico

I have only found EXTINGUISH_ENGINE_FIRE in the List of FSX controls.pdf but not in the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf.

Didn't you search on the word "Fire" as I said? You would find an offset which has 4 active bits in it, one for each engine. 1 = fire, 0 = No fire. You can read and write it

I have no idea how can I write the EXTINGUISH_ENGINE_FIRE for Engine 1 or Engine 2 when I press a button. Can you give me i little example (maybe)?

You said you wanted an offset. If you want to use a control, why not just assign your buttons to EXTINGUISH_ENGINE_FIRE with parameter 1 or 2 respectively? I don't understand why you just don't go ahead?

Pete

Didn't you search on the word "Fire" as I said? You would find an offset which has 4 active bits in it, one for each engine. 1 = fire, 0 = No fire. You can read and write it

You said you wanted an offset. If you want to use a control, why not just assign your buttons to EXTINGUISH_ENGINE_FIRE with parameter 1 or 2 respectively? I don't understand why you just don't go ahead?

Pete

thanks a lot.

but i can find in the FSUIPC ADDON where I can assign the buttons to EXTINGUISH_ENGINE_FIRE. EXTINGUISH_ENGINE_FIRE is not in the select menu from FSUIPC. Second question. What is the price for professional use of FSUIPC?

regards enrico

but i can find in the FSUIPC ADDON where I can assign the buttons to EXTINGUISH_ENGINE_FIRE. EXTINGUISH_ENGINE_FIRE is not in the select menu from FSUIPC.

Yes it is. It is clearly listed as "Extinguish engine fire". All controls listed in the document, and more, are in the assignments dropdowns. They are all in alphabetic order. If you can't scroll down for yourself just press the 'E' key to get close.

Second question. What is the price for professional use of FSUIPC?

There's no separate pricing.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...