The simFlight Network Forums

No SimConnect events

After a flight, The FSUIPC4.log has entries like

2318799 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****

2318924 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

2319704 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

2319704 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

2319704 FSUIPC Menu entry added

2321295 C:\Users\Lounge\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Previous flight.FLT

2321295 C:\Users\Lounge\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\EFB_current_garmin.PLN

2321311 C:\Users\Lounge\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\EFB_current_garmin.PLN

2322013 System time = 29/05/2013 15:05:31, Simulator time = 15:01:06 (13:01Z)

Last time I found 4 instances of this set (with different times of course).

The flight concluded successfully.

Is it something normal (I can't remember if I have seen it before) or is it something going wrong?

After a flight, The FSUIPC4.log has entries like

2318799 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****

Last time I found 4 instances of this set (with different times of course).

The flight concluded successfully.

Is it something normal (I can't remember if I have seen it before) or is it something going wrong?

It means that your system is so overloaded that events being sent to FSUIPC stop over a long enough period for it to time out and assume that the SimConnect connection has failed, so it re-connects automatically. Normally it would receive dozens of events per second. The timeout defaults to one whole second.

If you had lots of these it would certainly be bad for anything dependent upon that information. It would also tend to make your system run even more slowly because each time is reconnects it has to re-establish its requests for every SimConnect variable and all of the AI traffic data. Additionally any WideFS clients would need complete refreshing of any data they were reading.

You probably need to get a faster computer or reduce some sliders. If you want to simply make the FSUIPC timeout more lenient, find this line in the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file:

SimConnectStallTime=1

and change the 1 to something higher. It's in seconds.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete for advise.

For the time I suspect a beta version of AS2012 I am using (provided by HiFi trying to troubleshoot some weather problems). So, I'll first look there, as it seems to happen periodically (as in weather updates).