The simFlight Network Forums

Dreamwings dh8-q400

I've been trying to have a button to increase and another to decrease the prop pitch. However, when I try prop pitch incr or decr it doesn't work. I tried to make a mouse macro and it doesn't work on the throttle quadrant. I can put the mouse at the top and click to have it increase and at the bottom of the prop pitch to have it decrease. But when I try make mouse macro and end it. It doesn't let me name it. Any ideas to how to add it to my Saitek x52? I'm running win 7 pro 64 and fs9.1.

I've been trying to have a button to increase and another to decrease the prop pitch. However, when I try prop pitch incr or decr it doesn't work.

Did you test on a default aircraft? It may be to do with the way they've implemented it. Does the prop pitch axis work?

I tried to make a mouse macro and it doesn't work on the throttle quadrant.

Why a mouse macro on something with axes? What's wrong with the normal axis assignment for prop pitch? It would surely be more appropriate.

I can put the mouse at the top and click to have it increase and at the bottom of the prop pitch to have it decrease.

And what control, if any, is is using when you do that? Use the FSUIPC logging facilities to find out. That's what they are for.

But when I try make mouse macro and end it. It doesn't let me name it.

Does the mouse macro work when you use the Test facility first? Not many modern cockpits are susceptible to mouse macros. Many are not written using the standard Microsoft Gauge SDK for C/C++. but often in XML instead. Again, the FSUIPC log will show you whether there is a problem.

You don't even mention what flight simulator this is with, FS9, FSX, P3D? Is there a Support Forum run by DreamWings for this aircraft? You might find help there.

Pete