The simFlight Network Forums

Is this possible?

Pete--

I have been "wrestling" with a stutter/pause problem on liftoff. I have

included a copy of the message I posted to the FS2004 forum--

After reviewing the numerous tweeks/tips, I still experience somewhat

random stuttering. The test setup is takeoff, KLAX 25R, with the stock

737-400. After liftoff, there is marked stuttering until ~ 2000 feet (every second or so). The things I have tried include:

1) deleting the fs9.cfg

2) changing the hardware/display options (GF 4400)

3) windowed/full screen mode

4) eliminated background tasks, e.g. blackviper.com

5) updated the nvidia driver (and changed video cards)

6) tuned the registry via regcleaner

If I reset the flight and try again, perhaps 2 times out of ten the liftoff

will be smooth (no stutters). This also happens irrespective of the

weather theme. I do have the registered version of FSUIPC.

The system is a 2.2 GHz/1GB ram running XP Home.

After renaming fsuipc and rerunning FS9, the stuttering disappeared--this was with version 3.05. I have replaced it with 3.06 and all seems "well."

My questions are (1) have there been any other reports of similar behavior and (2) what's different about 3.06 that might account for the

resolution of the problem?

Thanks again for your time--

Robert

My questions are (1) have there been any other reports of similar behavior and (2) what's different about 3.06 that might account for the

resolution of the problem?

(1) No, no other reports.

(2) All the changes in 3.06 are listed in the History document, and in the IMPORTANT announcement in this Forum.

Maybe you had wind smoothing enabled. That does nothing when on the ground, it only tackles the wind once you take off. It only affects the global wind, which, if you were using a weather theme or downloaded weather wouldn't actually have any visible affect. It shouldn't cause stutters (and doesn't here), but it is certainly a possibility. The weather stuff is rather finicky. The change in 3.06 was to default the smoothing action off for FS's own weather (it's only enabled now via the FS weather change checkbox in the Technical page).

Regards,

Pete

I have also noticed the stutter with FS2k & FS2k2 (I have not yet installed FS2004). I found by disabling the antivirus S/W when running FS took care of the problem. I am also using a NVIDIA graphics card as well. You might want to try that and see if it helps any.

Let us know what you find.

Good Luck and happy simming!

Sean W.