The simFlight Network Forums

Simple cold and dark macro

Hi,

Til yet, I always find help without needing to post a topic. But, now, I'm unable to find a solution and found nothing to help me. So, my demand is quiet simple. Wenn I change airplane into FSX, there is always at leat magnetos on both. So I would like to have a macro to put all setting off :

- Magnetos off

- Batterie off

- Fuel selector off

- Parking brake set

(and may be even more)

I tried to create a macro that can be activated within FSUIPC with a key-shortcut, but without success.

My macro looks like this : (name CAD.mcro, declared into fsuipc.ini, that's ok)

[Macros]

1=Cold_and_dark

1.1=66023=0
1.2=65794=0

I imagine there is something wrong, but I have no idea how to affect an event to those parameters.

Thanks for you help.

Daniel

Wenn I change airplane into FSX, there is always at leat magnetos on both.

All that means is that your default flight, loaded when FS starts, or, by now, probably all other flights you have created, has the magnetos set thus. All you need to do is set everything the way yyou want, THEN save a flight and say it is to be your default flight. I've always started off completely cold and dark, with all switches off 9except parking brake).

My macro looks like this : (name CAD.mcro, declared into fsuipc.ini, that's ok)

[Macros]

1=Cold_and_dark

1.1=66023=0

1.2=65794=0

I imagine there is something wrong, but I have no idea how to affect an event to those parameters.

Where did you get such a format from? Have you not seen the examples in the Advanced User's guide, in the section "Macro Controls"?

To start with there's a K for Keypress or a C for control missing -- in your case a C in fromt of the control numbers to show it is a Control you want, not a Keypress.

Second, there are no examples of adding a parameter by "=0". ALL the examples, ALL of the button and key assignments in your INI file, have parameters set by ",0" -- i.e. a 'comma', not an 'equals'.

So, try:

[Macros]

1=Cold_and_dark

1.1=C66023,0

1.2=C65794,0

BTW you do know Control 65794 is "Pause On" don't you? Not related to a cold and dark cockpit start.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your quick help.

All that means is that your default flight, loaded when FS starts, or, by now, probably all other flights you have created, has the magnetos set thus. All you need to do is set everything the way yyou want, THEN save a flight and say it is to be your default flight. I've always started off completely cold and dark, with all switches off 9except parking brake).

Yes, I know that. It works good with the starting flight, but as soon as I change my airplane, magnetos are always on both.

Where did you get such a format from? Have you not seen the examples in the Advanced User's guide, in the section "Macro Controls"?

Well, I'm not a real English spoken guy, so, it's hard for me to understand all subtilities... I tried with ini files, and so on to learn about the code, with you example, it is now much clearer. Thanks.

BTW you do know Control 65794 is "Pause On" don't you? Not related to a cold and dark cockpit start.

Yes I saw it... wrong line ;-)

Well, now I see more clearly now I'll try it...

Good day

Daniel