The simFlight Network Forums

Autosave question

Hello,

Would it be possible to make the autosave option an on/off option in profile specific entries?  Main reason I am asking is it seems that the Majestic Q400 does not like autosave (at least on the ground), and it can sometimes cause the aircraft to "bounce" wildly into the air during taxi.

I am a big user of autosave, on the ground and in air and it has saved me many a time.

I have looked in the guides and did not see where it is possible, if I missed something forgive me.

Joe

Would it be possible to make the autosave option an on/off option in profile specific entries?  Main reason I am asking is it seems that the Majestic Q400 does not like autosave (at least on the ground), and it can sometimes cause the aircraft to "bounce" wildly into the air during taxi.

Well, there is a facility already to only do autosaving in the air. In fact that's the default option. Would that not be suitable for all profiles in any case, or do you have many accidents on the ground?

Pete

I will try and use it that way - I have saved on ground in the past because on rare occasions I have crashed on the ground, for example while taxing in at a complex airport w/ a complex AC.  Restarting on the ground in those cases works for my VA's ACARS so I can still log.  But, I also have set up a key in RADAR Contact for saving, so that may be my best bet.

Thanks.

Joe