The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Start Switches

Pete

For some reason I have started to have issues with the engine start switches staying in the ON position after the engines reach the N1 level where they are supposed to shut off.  Someone told me that an update to FSUIPC fixed this but I'm running v4.9.  It has only started to happen in the last few days (although in the past it  did happen but only occasionally).  On my EICAS I can see the IGN and STARTER text display flicker when they are supposed to go off but they stay on.

Is there anything I can select in the logging section to see what is going on?
Thanks

Alan

For some reason I have started to have issues with the engine start switches staying in the ON position after the engines reach the N1 level where they are supposed to shut off.  Someone told me that an update to FSUIPC fixed this but I'm running v4.9.  It has only started to happen in the last few days (although in the past it  did happen but only occasionally).  On my EICAS I can see the IGN and STARTER text display flicker when they are supposed to go off but they stay on.

Is there anything I can select in the logging section to see what is going on?

I don't know where you get these stories about FSUIPC from. There has never been an update to FSUIPC related to start switches because FSUIPC has nothing to do with start switches unless you assign something to them for FSUIPC to obey. In that case it is your assignments which need investigating. Additionally software isn't in the habit of changing by itself. If something has started to go wrong with something you are using for start switches then it is that which is suspect. Maybe a button or switch sticking or something?

For button and switch assignments you can enable button and key logging. For the events being sent to FS you can use Event logging. These are two of the selectable options on the Loggng tab.

Regards

Pete

I don't know where you get these stories about FSUIPC from. There has never been an update to FSUIPC related to start switches because FSUIPC has nothing to do with start switches unless you assign something to them for FSUIPC to obey.

Regards

Pete

Ah well, what can I say Pete, except don't believe all you hear on the Internet.   :???:   Pressing the start switch on my engine panel starts the engine but then the IGN and STARTING on the EICAS are supposed to go out after the engine reaches a certain N1 value but in my case it's not doing that and I have to go into the FSX fuel panel to turn it off (where it shows as still being ON).   For information I am using Offsets 092A and 0892 for the R & L engines with Set value then zero with a sleep time of 18000.  This has worked fine up until now so I'll try logging the button presses to see what's happening.

Thanks

Alan

For information I am using Offsets 092A and 0892 for the R & L engines with Set value then zero with a sleep time of 18000.  This has worked fine up until now so I'll try logging the button presses to see what's happening.

What coding are you using for that? Is it in a Lua plug-in?  Monitor those offsets (right-hand side of Logging tab) to see what is happening. The switch will stay as you set it via the offset unless you really are writing zero. If it is going off and on you must have more than one thing writing to it.

The normal way of triggering them off is to watch for the combustion flags (092C and 0894) then set the OFF value.  This is what the FSUIPC-added autostart controls do (as well as enabling fuel at the appropriate time).

Pete