The simFlight Network Forums

Panel commands not programable

Hi,

I have FSUIPC (FC), registered, with FSX and Saitek X52.

Now I want do programm Button B on X52 with the command   'AP panel Altitude hold' =  CTRL+Shift+Z.

I use Tab 'Key Presses' to enter the Keycommands (on Keyboard). But it doesn't work.

And the selection 'Buttons + Switches' for define which Joystick button for this command is active, means I could use this
option. See attached File.

I have spent a lot of time do solve this problem, no chance.

Thanks for help

(My native language is German, therefore sorry for errors :oops: )

Regards

Ruedi

post-8989-0-45857500-1375283889.jpg

Now I want do programm Button B on X52 with the command   'AP panel Altitude hold' =  CTRL+Shift+Z.

I use Tab 'Key Presses' to enter the Keycommands (on Keyboard). But it doesn't work.

Sorry, I don't know what you are saying. Is Button B a normal joystick button, or is it something programmed in the Saitek driver? And why do you want to use Ctrl+Shift+Z instead of assigning directly to the FS control you name?

The Key Presses tab is for programming actual keyboard presses, not buttons.

And the selection 'Buttons + Switches' for define which Joystick button for this command is active, means I could use this

option.

Do you really mean it is active and you can use it. So why not?

If you really meant the reverse, that it is "inactive" so you "cannot" use this option, then FSUIPC is not seing your joystick device at all, or you are not pressing any of its buttons. FSUIPC uses the same method as FS itself for reading the joysticks, so if FS cannot see it nor can FSUIPC.

I'm thinking that you are using some Saitek software which takes these facilities away. Maybe you need to uninstall that, or maybe program what you want in that instead?

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

Ok. I will try to explain. I want to programm the option 'AP panel Altitude hold on/off' on my joystick

Therefore I looked for in FSX for this command choice, but did not find her not, only the AP Altitude hold on/off (CTRL-Z);

but with this instruction, the actual height is now the new note for the AP, not the before selected.

My target is now : to programm a joystick button for toggle the command 'AP panel Altitude hold on/off'.

And I found it on FSUIPC.

But I did not find choice, in order to preselect, which control stick button should be used
for this instruction (CTRL shift z).

I hope you understand my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Ruedi

I will try to explain. I want to programm the option 'AP panel Altitude hold on/off' on my joystick

Therefore I looked for in FSX for this command choice, but did not find her not, only the AP Altitude hold on/off (CTRL-Z);

but with this instruction, the actual height is now the new note for the AP, not the before selected.

Okay, I understand that part.

My target is now : to programm a joystick button for toggle the command 'AP panel Altitude hold on/off'.

And I found it on FSUIPC.

Okay. i understand that bit too.

But I did not find choice, in order to preselect, which control stick button should be used

for this instruction (CTRL shift z).

This is where it doesn't make sense to me. You found the control for assignment, you said that already. Where does this "Ctrl Shift Z" come into it if you are using a joystick button? Can you elaborate on what you mean here by "I did not find choice"? Choice of the correct control to assign? Or what?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Heureka. :smile:  

I solved the problem with the following key definitions

(programmed by FSUIPC Tab 'Key Presses')

CTRL-H   for    AP panel Heading hold

CTRL-R   for    AP panel Speed hold

CTRL-Shift-Z  for  AP panel Altitude hold

And in the Saitek profile I have set the button, which I want to use for each command to the corresponding key sequences.

(eg. Button 'B' on controller  set to CTRL-Shift-Z,  button 'Fire' to CTRL-R ...)

Thanks for your help  :!: :!:

Ruedi

PS. The difficulty was to find out which description is the right choice (eg.  Altitude hold, ..on/off, .. panel hold etc.)

Hope you see, what I means.

PS. The difficulty was to find out which description is the right choice (eg.  Altitude hold, ..on/off, .. panel hold etc.)

Hope you see, what I means.

Well, yes, but what was confusing me, and still does, is why you are using key presses for buttons and not just programming the buttons directly.

Regards

Pete

First of all.

If I have found a solution, why look for others (spent a lot of time to find this one).

But I have tried now to programm the buttons, as you meant.

CTRL-H            for   hold the pre selected Heading

CTRL-R            for   hold the actual Speed

CTRL-Shift-Z    for    hold the pre selected Altitude

And it works.

Listen: I had misunderstood the the descriptions for in FS9. Look above!

CTRL-H            for   hold the pre selected Heading

CTRL-R            for   hold the actual Speed

one button hold the preselected value (Heading) , the other one the actual value (Speed).

Hope you can follow me  :smile:

Anyway, it works now and I'm happy with.

Regards

Ruedi

First of all.

If I have found a solution, why try to other (spent a lot of time to find it).

But I tried now to programm the buttons, as you mean.

CTRL-H

Sorry, I don't know what this is about. Is there a question here for me to answer?

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

Oh, no, no.

Not a  question, just an explaination, what I was doing after you answered :

"Well, yes, but what was confusing me, and still does, is why you are using key presses for buttons and not just programming the buttons directly."

Sorry about this missunderstandig !!!

The problem is solved now.

Many thanks to you for your help and have a good time.

Kind regards

Ruedi