The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4 4.90 Compressed File error

I purchased the latest versions of FSUIPC and WideFS for my new Flight Sim rig (and I like supporting Peter)...

The FSUIPC File on the official page does not unzip (for me).  I tried, three different machines, 2 different operating systems, and two different Internet providers for the download and I get the same error.

I downloaded the 4.09 update file (from the link provided in the forum)  just to see if it unzipped and it did just fine.  So, there is seomthing up with the main install file.

Can you confirm the file working?  I waited all day to get home tonight and get FSX working with FS Commander over the network, and I am grounded.  Please help.

Dennis Mtichell

dlm9000

The FSUIPC File on the official page does not unzip (for me).  I tried, three different machines, 2 different operating systems, and two different Internet providers for the download and I get the same error.

The full install package on the Schiratti site downloads and unzips fine here. And consideriing it is THE main site to which everyone is pointed by the SimMarket purchase page and the ZIP file there hasn't been changed for nearly three months, I'm sure others would have reported a problem if there was one. I've just downloaded it and unzipped it myself successfully.

I assume you did make sure you weren't getting a cached copy? Use F5 or Ctrl+F5 to ensure you remove cached copies.

As well as the interim update 4.909 available in the Download Links subforum here, there is another copy of the full Install for 4.90. Did you not try that one? It is, in fact, a different file -- the one on the Schiratti site is "FSUIPC4.ZIP", a generic name so I can update the actual file without having to disturb the busy Mr. Schiratti, whilst the one on the Download Links subforum is "Install_FSUIPC490.zip". The contents of both are identical, however.

Regards

Pete

Some days it just does not pay to flight sim. I got up this morning. Started my machine, downloaded the file and it unzipped just fine. I can not explain why it did not work on several machines... (only common factor was me ;(

I apologize for the noise, but appreciate the confirmation that the files was working.  It was a necessary step for troubleshooting. Thanks for all your years of supporting Flight Simming. I have been buying your stuff since you started.

Dennis Mitchell