The simFlight Network Forums

Not able to create Mouse Macros now

Never had a problem before but after a reinstall of FSX the Create Mouse macro function will not work as before. Latest version (4.91) and everything good except for that one thing. Tried with several plane, default and add-ons, with same outcomes.

TheFSUIPC4.log for rhe last trial shows mouse events that correspond to switches being thrown in the Baron.

They surely look like mouse Macros but no red/green popups when they are activated.

Perhaps I set something incorrectly and the dialogue boxes are blocked?

35131 Aircraft="Beech Baron 58 Paint1"
    35131 LUA.1: LINDA:: Aircraft: Beech Baron 58 Paint1
    35131 LUA.1: LINDA:: Aircraft module detected: FSX Default
    35162 LUA.0: LINDA:: AivlaSoft library loaded...
    35178 LUA.0: LINDA:: FSX standard library loaded...
    35178 LUA.0: LINDA:: IAO library loaded...
    35178 LUA.0: LINDA:: RealityXP library loaded...
    35193 LUA.0: LINDA:: A2A MAP library loaded...
    37143 Weather Mode now = Theme
    37627 Weather Mode now = Global
    40700 LUA.0: LINDA:: Module: FSX Default Started...
    40700 LUA.0: LINDA:: Ready to go, Captain!
    40700 LUA.0: LINDA::
    68328 Mouse Event=66293
    71729 Mouse Event=66287
    75629 Mouse Event=66241
    79014 Mouse Event=66363
    80465 Mouse Event=66364
   200679 Mouse Event=66241
   202957 Mouse Event=66363
   204267 Mouse Event=66364
   205812 Mouse Event=66293

Your help appreciated. My thanks in advance

Neal H

Never had a problem before but after a reinstall of FSX the Create Mouse macro function will not work as before. Latest version (4.91) and everything good except for that one thing. Tried with several plane, default and add-ons, with same outcomes.

TheFSUIPC4.log for rhe last trial shows mouse events that correspond to switches being thrown in the Baron.

They surely look like mouse Macros but no red/green popups when they are activated.

I don't think the default FSX Baron has any Mouse Macro capable switches or buttons -- certainly not many anyway. I don't think any of the default FS (FS9 or FSX) aircraft have such gauges. You have to have add-on aircraft with gauges made using the FS C/C++ gauge SDK for Mouse macros to work.

68328 Mouse Event=66293

71729 Mouse Event=66287

75629 Mouse Event=66241

79014 Mouse Event=66363

80465 Mouse Event=66364

200679 Mouse Event=66241

202957 Mouse Event=66363

204267 Mouse Event=66364

205812 Mouse Event=66293

All those are standard assignable FS controls. If you enable the Event logging in FSUIPC you'll see their names. Otherwise look up the nmbers in the "List of FSX controls" in your FSUIPC Documents folder. Just assign your buttons or keypresses to the correct controls.

Pete

OOps, I had forgotten that about defaults.

I tried first with Majestic Dash 8 (which worked properly before the reinstall). Also tried Milviz 737, PMDG 737, Carenado Centurion  but could not get the green/red title box.

Before each aircraft was loaded I "ended Macro Making", clicked OK then reopened fsuipc to enable the "Create..."

What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks

Neal H

Btw,,,there are no Mouse Events listed  in the log for the add-ons

I tried first with Majestic Dash 8 (which worked properly before the reinstall). Also tried Milviz 737, PMDG 737, Carenado Centurion  but could not get the green/red title box.

Before each aircraft was loaded I "ended Macro Making", clicked OK then reopened fsuipc to enable the "Create..."

Are you sure any of those are mouse macro capable? Most add-on aircraft these days use XML gauges and can be programmed using L:Vars instead.

As a test, load the default Mooney Bravo (not the G1000 version). On the 2D panel, try the NAV/GPS switch, left hand side, middle, or the buttons on the VS/ALT gauge above and to the left, or the AP or FD buttons top left. All those are mouse macro-able.

There's no need to close and open macro-making between loading aircraft unless you want to create different macro files for each.

Pete

Pete:

Don't think I'm crazy please. Just turned on my PC, loaded FSX, followed your instructions, and Macros created as they should.

So...I loaded the Majestic Dash 8 and now Mouse Macros work with it also. Ditto the other add-ons I mentioned.

When this problem appeared I did restart FSX but that did not help. Never occurred to me that a PC restart would do anything.

Anyhow, thaks for such a quick response.

Neal H