The simFlight Network Forums

TrafficLook config options

Hi,

my search did not turn anything up, I am monitoring traffic with TrafficLook, a very useful piece of software. I just wondered if anyone can advise whether there is any documentation for the config file?

Any info at all would be useful. I know it is possible to filter for a single airport, but is it configurable in any other way? i.e.  I see it has an [Airborne] section - is there a ground section option? Is it possible to increase the monitoring distance? Are there any other useful tweaks/settings?

My AI Smooth is currently monitoring 44 aircraft, while TrafficLook shows 15. I'd be interested in filling in the gaps.

Just curiosity really, but also to assess how well my setup is working.

Regards

Keith

Hi,

my search did not turn anything up, I am monitoring traffic with TrafficLook, a very useful piece of software. I just wondered if anyone can advise whether there is any documentation for the config file?

Any info at all would be useful. I know it is possible to filter for a single airport, but is it configurable in any other way? i.e.  I see it has an [Airborne] section - is there a ground section option? Is it possible to increase the monitoring distance? Are there any other useful tweaks/settings?

My AI Smooth is currently monitoring 44 aircraft, while TrafficLook shows 15. I'd be interested in filling in the gaps.

Just curiosity really, but also to assess how well my setup is working.

Regards

Keith

Sorry, there are really no other options. The INI file mainly contains recorded data for your setup -- order and size of columns, etc. You can tailor those in the usual Windows way by dragging their borders or headings around in the headers line. Same for the sort order. All that is per standard Windows programs.

The menu lets you select whether Ground or Airborne AI are shown. I usually have two instances running, one for each, from their own folder, with them sized to sit nicely next to each other showing only the data I'm interested in. The [Ground] and [Airborne] sections of the INI are created to save your settings when you close them after setting it up as you like.

It wasn't really written as an end-user utility, more as a test of the traffic reading facilities in FSUIPC. It dates back at least 10 years.. For really good information I use "SuperTrafficBoard", a commercial program which uses SimConnect (on FSX) directly, and so is capable of displaying ALL traffic at an airport or generally, not just the nearest 96 ground and 96 airborne.

Regards

Pete

No need to apologise Pete, it's a really useful program, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything - and I must be, as you mention selecting ground or airborne, I must be stupid as I have not seen a menu, so I only have airborne readings?

The other thing I am trying to work out is why, while your TrafficLook display is accurate i.e the aircraft are arriving/departing in fsx at the same time as they are displayed on the TrafficLook window; meanwhile, the UT2 status board is not accurate - I can usually find the aircraft somewhere on the status board, but when they are landing/departing on fsx, the status board shows that they arrived an hour earlier, or are leaving in an hours time.

I guess I should ask about that one on the UT2 forum, but you are obviously very familiar with the inner workings of fsx, so would you be able to shed any light on it?

Anyway, if you can tell me how to 'activate' TrafficLooks ground display that would be great, but in any case, it's a great utility as it is,

Regards

Keith

I must be stupid as I have not seen a menu, so I only have airborne readings?

What? If you don't see the menu, just below the title bar, it isn't my program at all!!! It's ALWAYS had a menu! The menu has "File" and "Help" entries - File providing options to Print the table, show Ground or Airborne traffic, refresh the display or enable auto-refresh mode. The Help merely gives the usual About display.

The other thing I am trying to work out is why, while your TrafficLook display is accurate i.e the aircraft are arriving/departing in fsx at the same time as they are displayed on the TrafficLook window

; meanwhile, the UT2 status board is not accurate - I can usually find the aircraft somewhere on the status board, but when they are landing/departing on fsx, the status board shows that they arrived an hour earlier, or are leaving in an hours time.

Maybe that dispaly shows SCHEDULED not ACTUAL time, or maybe it is using Local Time not UTC?

Pete

Maybe that dispaly shows SCHEDULED not ACTUAL time, or maybe it is using Local Time not UTC?

Pete

Yes, it must be something to do with UTC or local, I will keep trying,

thanks again

Keith

EDIT yes, solved the UT2 issue, seems to be due to Daylight Saving Time, if I adjust my pc clock by an hour, it falls in line with fsx & TrafficLook.

Edited by kmw