The simFlight Network Forums

I would like to show fs messages and menu items on a second pc through wide fs

I learned in the forum that this was implemented in a earlier version fsuipc.

I use FSX SP2, and have the latest fsuipc / widefs and wideclient version installed.

I searched all manuals and forum, but I cannot find how this is done.

Pete told in a message to look in the changes doc, but I cannot find it.

I hope someone can help.

I would like to show fs messages and menu items on a second pc through wide fs

I learned in the forum that this was implemented in a earlier version fsuipc.

What FS messages and menus? There's no way to move built-in messages and menus, but some add-on ones can be 'moved'. Perhaps you could explain what you want to do.

I searched all manuals and forum, but I cannot find how this is done.

Pete told in a message to look in the changes doc, but I cannot find it.

Did I? What reference please?

"Changes" documents accompany interim releases, in the same ZIP file you download, and only describe differences since the last major release. This is to save re-releasing complete new Manuals just for minor updates. When the next major release is made the details are included in the main documentation, and also listed in the FSUIPC4 History document.

All documentation released in the main releases is found in your FSUIPC Documents subfolder, as stated in the Installation guide accompanything the installer.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for yr reply Pete,

Messages shown in FS in the top line of the screen or from add-ons, I would like to capture these , in the following thread you spoke about this.

maybe it was a misunderstanding

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/74215-is-there-a-way-to-get-rid-of-that-green-text-line/?hl=widefs#entry456901

I read it again, and now I may believe it is referring to something else,

Messages shown in FS in the top line of the screen or from add-ons, I would like to capture these , in the following thread you spoke about this.

maybe it was a misunderstanding

No, that facility does work for messages sent from Applications to FSX via simconnect, as it says. It was released in 4.905, and is (naturally) still in the current release, 4.91. The documentation is actually in the Lua plug-ins documents, along with an example plug-in for WideClient to show the messages on a client screen. See the documentation for the event.textmenu function in the Lua library pdf.  The example plug-in is also called textmenu.lua

For the simple text messages that facility does actually remove them from the FS screen. Unfortunately that didn't turn out to be completely possible for the menus. The best I could do was move the menu to top left and make it smaller. On my projected scenery screen it's out of sight.

Regards

Pete

Maybe I can accomplish somewhat via showtext, is this free utilly still available for download.?

Yes, in the Download Links subforum. It handles messages sent to FS via FSUIPC, but not those sent via SimConnect. Only the new Lua function I mentioned hooks the latter.

Pete