The simFlight Network Forums

Can't assing axis on FSUIPC 4.91

Hello

I have a registered FSUIPC 4.91 and I am trying to reassign my axis. It's no new axis they are already assigned via FSX but I though to reassign them through FSUIPC in order to keep them alive everytime my Yoke is disconnected from FSX.

When I choose the "Axis Assignment"  tab and choose a profile nothing at all happens. I move the axis I want to assign but it looks like the FSUIPC doesn't see my Yoke which is not true since it works fine at the Joystick calibration tab.

Do I do something terribly wrong?

Thankful for every kind of help!

George

When I choose the "Axis Assignment"  tab and choose a profile nothing at all happens. I move the axis I want to assign but it looks like the FSUIPC doesn't see my Yoke which is not true since it works fine at the Joystick calibration tab.

If the FSUIPC calibration tab sees your "axis" then it is assigned already, because the calibration tab does NOT process axis inputs, only the controls they are assigned to.

In the axis assignment tab you move the axis to get it recognised. Profile assignment is premature when there's nothing there.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete.

I thought that I'd hijack this thread for a while. Now, I believe I do have the problem which the topic indicates.

I cannot assign any axis (in my case on my CH-throttle quad), how much I move them.

If I activate them within FSX, I do get the numbers moving in the calibration-page, but still, it's not possible to detect the throttle in axis assignment. (Also, If I go by FSX-settings, I can't calibrate the throttle properly anyways, it must go direct to FSUIPC)

I use FSUIPC 4.91. Main aircraft is the PMDG NGX with CH-throttle and Yoke.

Kind regards,

Johan

Edited by Windh

I cannot assign any axis (in my case on my CH-throttle quad), how much I move them.

Are you perhaps using winXP, or running FS in XP compatibility mode?

Please see the thread entitled "I HAVE UPDATED MY FSUIPC TO VERSION 4.91 AND MY SAITEK HARDWARE IS NOT WORKING" where a fix was found and due to be included in version 4.92 on monday. There's a link to an interim updtate in that hread, near the end.

Pete

Ah! Indeed I did run it in WinXP mode... (on Win8). Changing that made it work again! Thanks a bunch Pete!

Now I only have to sort out why FSX crashes when I switch task... It worked OK the other day (albeit task switching was pretty messy, with several jumps between tasks before getting back into FSX, but today, after fiddling with AA in Nvidia settings, it just CTD whenever taskswitching.. Anyways, cheers!