The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC

I have a registered version 3.06 of fsuipc working in fs2004 when i open fsuipc there is no joystick tab option.

Can you show me the FSUIPC Log please? Which Tabs are there showing? What does it say about your registration on the first (About) options page?

If all the other Tabs are there, then your registration is okay. There's really only one reason the Joysticks tab might not be there, and that is that FSUIPC cannot find the correct Joystick reading routines in CONTROLS.DLL, so could you right-click on the Controls.DLL (in the Modules folder), select "Properties" then "Version" and read the Version number please.

One other (unlikely?) possibility is that it is there, but, as it is the right-most tab, its just not visible on your screen. In case this is it, could you tell me your screen resolution and Windows font size (normal, large, or have you set something specific?).

If you cannot figure these out, maybe you could take a picture (ALT + PrtScr when the FSUIPC options have focus, then paste into the Windows Paint program and save as a BitMap). Thanks.

Regards,

Pete

controls.dll

file version... 9.0.0.30612

That's okay then. For a registered copy of FSUIPC there should be nothing stopping the Joysticks tab appearing. Can you tell me what tabs you do see, and in what order please?

You didn't mention your screen resolution or font size.

Pete

thanx for replying. i wasunable to send an attachment of a picture of my FSUIPC screen, however, the tabs that i can see are listed below...

ABOUT,WINDS,VISIBILITY,CLOUDS,TECHNICAL,LOGGING,HOT KEYS,BUTTONS,KEYS

my screen resolution size is 1024x768 and my font is set to default.

p.s. the reason i am unable to send an attachment is that this forum does not seem to support the ability to attach files. thanx very much for your help and prompt replies its been very much appreciated.

Ken.

the reason i am unable to send an attachment is that this forum does not seem to support the ability to attach files.

It does. Or rather it seems to, for most, as I've attached things and so have others. Just below the area where you compose your message there's a blue bar right across bearing the title "Attachment Posting Control Panel". Below that there's an "Add an Attachment" button, and you can browse for the file and also add a description. I think there may be a limit on the size of the attachement, but that's all.

I could do with seeing a picture of this, because at present I am totally at a loss as to what would possibly have happened to that Tab. Provided it finds the correct routine in the CONTROLS.DLL it really has to appear! It is very mystifying!

Regards,

Pete

Further to my last message here, perhaps you could sent it, ZIPPed, as an attachment to an email to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. This might be best in any case as I'd like to send you a test version of FSUIPC to get more information.

Oh, one other thing. Can you tell me how much memory the PC in which you run FS has, please?

Thanks,

Pete

i have just reinstalled FS2004 and have just tried to register FSUIPC and i am being told that my 12 digit key is invalid. do i need to recieve another key code to be able to reinstall FSUIPC back onto my flight sim?

p.s. i'll send you the picture of my FSUIPC screen to your e-mail address.

thanx for your help!!!

Ken.

i have just reinstalled FS2004 and have just tried to register FSUIPC and i am being told that my 12 digit key is invalid. do i need to recieve another key code to be able to reinstall FSUIPC back onto my flight sim?

No, but it would have been a good idea for you to have saved your FSUIPC.KEY file, as suggested in the documentation. Your key will be valid for all version 3.XX FSUIPCs, in other words at least two years.

If it is reported as invalid then you are not entering the details exactly as originally provided. The name, email and key must be absolutely the same. Computers are stupid, they believe what you tell them.

Regards,

Pete