The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG and Wx

Hello Mr. Dowson! Maybe you can give me some input, since I am failing to receive an answer on the PMDG Forums. For some reason the 737NGX does not read the winds, which is normally displayed on the Nav Display and the Aft Overhead Panel. (ie: wind speed and direction). Any clues as to why this may have stopped appearing. I have uninstalled and re-installed the aircraft twice. I assumed that the communication was through the  FSUIPC module. 

Stephen A. Crayton

Hello Mr. Dowson! Maybe you can give me some input, since I am failing to receive an answer on the PMDG Forums. For some reason the 737NGX does not read the winds, which is normally displayed on the Nav Display and the Aft Overhead Panel. (ie: wind speed and direction). Any clues as to why this may have stopped appearing. I have uninstalled and re-installed the aircraft twice. I assumed that the communication was through the  FSUIPC module.

No, all PMDG aircraft for FSX interface directly with SimConnect. FSUIPC is not used at all.

You can check that SimConnect is correctly supplying the weather to FSUIPC either by logging weather (FSUIPC Logging tab) and looking at the Log file, or probably easier by using the WeatherSet2 utility, available in the Download Links subforum.

Regards

Pete