The simFlight Network Forums

AdvDisp text speed?

Is there a way to adjust the speed of the text in Advdisp?

I find it a little to fast for some things and that could very well be the programs that send the data but I just thought I would ask.

For scrolling text you mean?

I am emulating the same thing as the FS display, so it takes the scroll speed and display time from that, or at least I adjusted it to match as well as I could. Is it adjustable? I could make the scroll speed in AdvDisplay adjustable I suppose.

Please clarify exactly what it is that is too fast and tell me how much slower you need it. If it is for ATIS messages, those are pretty long and the scroll speed is supposed to be timed so that the speech and text almost match. Best to make a bigger window to give more time to read it all.

If it isn't the scroll speed, but only the time on display before being cleared or replaced, then I'm afraid that is completely under the caller's control.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for the reply, I am talking about the scroll speed or the speed that the text runs from the right to the left.

I fly on line with vatsim so I do not use it that much other than weather up dates from Fsmeteo and I guess it could be almost half the speed.

If I was flying adventers or using FS ATC it would not be a problem because there would be voice but in multiplayer you loose the voice for atis so I have to read it real fast lol.

Hey now theres an idea is there a way to get Adventure voice back in multiplayer, as in voice for atis?

Hummmm!!!!!

Oh well just thinking out loud.

I am talking about the scroll speed or the speed that the text runs from the right to the left. I fly on line with vatsim so I do not use it that much other than weather up dates from Fsmeteo and I guess it could be almost half the speed.

Have you tried making the window bigger so you can see more of it? Personally I find it so slow as to be rather annoying! I could put a simple "slow" (half speed), "normal" (as now) and "fast" (2x) option in I suppose. I'll take a look beofre I make the release I was planning.,

Hey now theres an idea is there a way to get Adventure voice back in multiplayer, as in voice for atis?

I didn't even know you lost the ATIS voice in multiplayer. Seems odd, I don't see why they turn that off. Sorry, it isn't an area I know much about.

Regards,

Pete