The simFlight Network Forums

Manipulate ai traffic arrival runway?

Hi

I have been trying to search all over but haven't found an answer, I just wanted to ask if it is possible to modify arrival runway assigned to ai traffic so as to force it to land on a different runway? The closest I have to find is the traffictoolbox explorer in sdk where there Is a land function that asks to enter arrival airport and runway to land the ai aircraft, which makes me think it might just be possible to do with an external progam by finding the concerned variable through fsuipc/simconnect. Basically I picture an app which assigns runways in this manner to arrival aircraft based on airline code, parking types, etc detected from the ai traffic info.

Regards

I have been trying to search all over but haven't found an answer, I just wanted to ask if it is possible to modify arrival runway assigned to ai traffic so as to force it to land on a different runway? The closest I have to find is the traffictoolbox explorer in sdk where there Is a land function that asks to enter arrival airport and runway to land the ai aircraft, which makes me think it might just be possible to do with an external progam by finding the concerned variable through fsuipc/simconnect. Basically I picture an app which assigns runways in this manner to arrival aircraft based on airline code, parking types, etc detected from the ai traffic info.

No, sorry, I don't know of any way except by ensuring there's enough wind to guarantee a specific direction of approach and that it is set long enough beforehand for the AI traffic to change pattern.

Pete

oh, ok. sorry actually I should have mentioned I am talking in context of parallel runway use, lengths being greater than 10000ft. The issue is fsx assigns arrival runway based on direction aircraft comes from, because of this at some airports arrivals become crowded onto one runway while the other stays vacant. So I was thinking of distributing the load by way of injecting runway assignment with an external application.

So does that mean it is not possible to modify runway assigned by the atc to arrival traffic via some offset? I mean I do see a variable for that represented in aiseparation and traffictoolbox, I was thinking of somehow injecting a value to that before atc assigns one.

Or if there is any other workaround to the traffic distribution problem on parallel runways, would really like to know.

oh, ok. sorry actually I should have mentioned I am talking in context of parallel runway use, lengths being greater than 10000ft. The issue is fsx assigns arrival runway based on direction aircraft comes from, because of this at some airports arrivals become crowded onto one runway while the other stays vacant. So I was thinking of distributing the load by way of injecting runway assignment with an external application.

Sorry, I've no idea how to do that. I know you can close runways, but ensuring a different distribution between them is not possible as far as I know.

So does that mean it is not possible to modify runway assigned by the atc to arrival traffic via some offset? I mean I do see a variable for that represented in aiseparation and traffictoolbox, I was thinking of somehow injecting a value to that before atc assigns one.

No way via offsets. I've not seen a way to influence runway selection in Traffic Toolbox. The ATC part of FS is a different module altogether from the traffic side. And AISeparation can only send commands to AI traffic to slew them or maybe pause them and steer them. Maybe it does it by moving them over to a different approach path. You can send FS controls to AI traffic via offsets. AIseparation and AIsmooth do that.

Or if there is any other workaround to the traffic distribution problem on parallel runways, would really like to know.

Sorry, I've no idea. Maybe one day some one will hack into the ATC module of FS and work it out. I'm getting too old. My hacking days are over I'm afraid.

Regards

Pete