The simFlight Network Forums

Airsimmer with PFC throttle

Hi All, I recently  purchased the Airsimmer A320.I love this acfts realism, but it is virtually unflyable due to the fact that I use a PFC serial throttle quadrant and I can't get it to play nice with the scarebus.
Has anyone been able to find a workaround for this?
I've tried the airsimmer forums............Crickets.They've known about this problem since 2009.
Fsuipc, v 3.99z8, PFC.dll v2.41, XP64, FS9

Hi All, I recently  purchased the Airsimmer A320.I love this acfts realism, but it is virtually unflyable due to the fact that I use a PFC serial throttle quadrant and I can't get it to play nice with the scarebus.

Has anyone been able to find a workaround for this?

I don't know what the problem is, but see if assigning the throttles in FSUIPC to the normal FS "axis throttleN set" controls, with or without FSUIPC calibration, helps, instead of allowing the PFC DLL to do the control directly. It may be that it just doesn't like other throttle control methods.

Pete

I tried that Pete,No help.I guess the throttle must be set as an axis in the FS menus and I can't figure out a way to make that happen.

If you assign in FSUIPC to those controls I mentioned, and don't calibrate in FSUIPC, then there is really no way any add-on can tell the difference between that and FS assignment. The results are identical.

Pete

Thank you Pete,I must have done something wrong then.After setting axis in FSUIPC I still don't see the axis in the controls/joystic axis menu.The quadrant still functions as it did before.Any chance you could walk me through so I can see where I went wrong?

I should also make clear what the anomaly is here.using the PFC quadrant, the engines respond to throttle input.The throttle levers in the VC do not.The autothrust system seems to fight the inputs from the PFC quadrant leaving the flight a mess!Airsimmer states the acft is incompatible with FSUIPC?I don't get this.Are other Airbus A320 models suffering from anything like this?

Thank you Pete,I must have done something wrong then.After setting axis in FSUIPC I still don't see the axis in the controls/joystic axis menu.

That makes no sense. On the one hand you say "... setting axis in FSUIPC .." and on the other you " don't see the axis in the controls/joystic axis menu". How can you "set" an axis (whatever you really mean by that) if it isn't "seen"?? I think you need to be more specific!

The quadrant still functions as it did before.

Seems you forgot something then. When trying to assign PFC axes in FSUIPC you need to disable them in the PFC driver. i.e. uncheck the axes you are assigning in FSUIPC.

Any chance you could walk me through so I can see where I went wrong?

Since I don't know what you did (as what you say is self-conflicting as I pointed out), I can't. Tell me more specifically what you did, in the actual terms used in the displays and documentation. You seem to use words which don't relate to either FSUIPC or PFC.

I should also make clear what the anomaly is here.using the PFC quadrant, the engines respond to throttle input.The throttle levers in the VC do not.The autothrust system seems to fight the inputs from the PFC quadrant leaving the flight a mess!Airsimmer states the acft is incompatible with FSUIPC?

It probably just means that, like PMDG aircraft, it is reading (intercepting) the standard FS controls. That's why I suggested assigning to them. It means you cannot use the same axes for reverse thrust, because that demands the ThrottlesN_Set controls, not the standard FS ones. It probably also means you can't calibrate in FSUIPC because that would make the values sent by FSUIPC to FS differ from those the aircraft code is reading. Hence my suggestions as to what to try. If you did calibrate you'd probably need to set "UseAxisControlsForNRZ=Yes" in the FSUIPC INI file [Axes] section(s) and check NRZ (No Reverse Zone) in the calibrations section before doing the calibration.

Pete

Sorry Pete I guess I  got confused myself.
I disabled the PFC by unchecking the whole set
I made a profile in FSUIPC sending axis throttle control to FS.
The engines respond to this axis, the throttles do not. they won't move.This is the same scenario as when using the PFC driver.
I guess the Airsimmer bus just doesn't like  either setup.I see a bunch of other people having this as well.
Thanks for your help
Stan

The engines respond to this axis, the throttles do not. they won't move.This is the same scenario as when using the PFC driver.

I guess the Airsimmer bus just doesn't like  either setup.I see a bunch of other people having this as well.

Hmm. Very strange. I've no idea how they've programmed the graphics -- normally gauges receive their data for display directly from the Sim, so if the Sim is throttling up so do the depicted levers. I don't know of any other way they could do it unless they actually read the hardware input directly.

If this problem occurs with normal joystick-interface connected throttles, but not with keyboard throttle (the 3 and 9 keys on the numpad), then maybe using Throtle INC and throttle DEC would work. To drive those with an axis you'd need to use the right-hand side axis assignment facilities to program INCrements in one direction and DECrements in the other, with repeats allowed. Not nice though.

Pete