The simFlight Network Forums

Can't register FSUIPC

Hey!

So I'm hoping for a little help. I want to register FSUIPC using the freeware method. I but in squawkbox.exe, enter the key given, and it says "thank you, now you need to re-run add-on program." and it gives me a confirm key. I click confirm, and shut down FS9 and restart my computer. When I try to connect, I run SBrelay, start FS9 go multiplayer...it finds the relay and I join. I minimize FS9 and run Squawkbox, and it says using unregisted FSUIPC and then Squawkbox closes. I tried over and over again and I cannot get FSUIPC to register. Please Help.

thank you Shawn :oops:

I want to register FSUIPC using the freeware method.

There's a little misunderstanding already. There is no such thing as freeware registering of FSUIPC. You either pay for a Key and have a fully registered FSUIPC, or you don't.

The freeware access is separate altogether. All that means is that a freeware program has a free key for access into FSUIPC. It doesn't give you more use of FSUIPC in terms of user facilities.

I but in squawkbox.exe, enter the key given

Which key given? Where in Squawkbox are you entering this key? If it is the free FSUIPC access key for Squawkbox, as listed up above in this Forum, then it needs to be entered in the Program Registration dialogue, not in Squawkbox. You run FS, get to FSUIPC options (ALT M F) then press the program registration button.

it says "thank you, now you need to re-run add-on program." and it gives me a confirm key. I click confirm, and shut down FS9 and restart my computer.

Slow downall it says is "re-run add-on program". That's all you need to do. Your add-on program is Squawkbox. There's no need at all to close FS9 and restart your computer.

I tried over and over again and I cannot get FSUIPC to register.

FSUIPC doesn't need to register. It's presumably Squawkbox you want to register. Did you type "Squawkbox" as the program name, not "Squawkbox.exe"? Are you entering the Key shown in the list? Is the version of Squawkbox you are running the same one the key is for -- check the Version information, are the details the same? (Version information is obtained by right-clcking on the Program's EXE file, selecting Properties, then Version).

Without more information I cannot help more. Please just slow down a bit, double check what you are doing, and be a little more precise in your description of what you are doing so that I can understand better, please.

Pete

Thanks for explaining that you need not restart FS9 but only SB.

However, when I go to an airport with other traffic, I still cant see them although they can see me.

Do I need to rerun the registering each time I start FS9 or is the fsuipc.key enough once it has been created.

Currently its shows

[Programs]

squawkbox=LWVQ7I2V9GPB

However, when I go to an airport with other traffic, I still cant see them although they can see me.

That's to do with the FS Multiplayer interface. FSUIPC is not involved in that part at all. I hope someone else can help -- I don't use Squawkbox or Multiplayer, and don't know anything about it. Sorry.

Do I need to rerun the registering each time I start FS9 or is the fsuipc.key enough once it has been created.

When you enter a program registration into the FSUIPC dialogue it is simply added to the FSUIPC.KEY file. Unless you lose or delete that file, it will still be there each time. All FSUIPC does when a program connects to it is look it up in the KEY file. You can actually edit the latter directly, but you must be careful to get the details exactly right.

Regards,

Pete