The simFlight Network Forums

Widefs on second PC

I am running a network and Widefs on second pc is connect to FSUIPC on main pc with FSX have all that working. Now how do I get the application to conect to widefs on second pc. I have VSFS5 installed on second pc this is for the VA that I fly for. I am lost at this point.

Jerry

I am running a network and Widefs on second pc is connect to FSUIPC on main pc with FSX have all that working. Now how do I get the application to conect to widefs on second pc. I have VSFS5 installed on second pc this is for the VA that I fly for. I am lost at this point.

Sorry, I don't understand the question. You have WideFS working, you say. If the application uses the FSUIPC interface to FSX then just run it on the second PC where WideClient is sitting waiting for something to do.

Pete

Question is how does my application(Vafinancial) know how to connect to widefs? I reinstall fsuipc and added the registered widefs to main pc with fsx. Than made folder on second pc call Widefs and put Wideclient.exe and Wideclient.ini in it.  FSX is running on main pc than i run wide client on second pc and it is conneced to fsx on main pc. Vafinancial worked on main pc under fsuipc I would like it to work on seconed pc. running windows 7 64bit

Question is how does my application(Vafinancial) know how to connect to widefs?

It will connect to WideClient just as it will to FSUIPC on the main FSX PC. The interface is identical. It doesn't need to know it is running on the client PC.

I reinstall fsuipc and added the registered widefs to main pc with fsx.

There is nothing to add on the FSX PC for WideFS. You only need to register it. You said WideFS was all working in the first place!

Than made folder on second pc call Widefs and put Wideclient.exe and Wideclient.ini in it.  FSX is running on main pc than i run wide client on second pc and it is conneced to fsx on main pc.

That is good. That is all you need to do for WideFS.

Vafinancial worked on main pc under fsuipc I would like it to work on seconed pc. running windows 7 64bit

If it is an FSUIPC application and it doesn't need to access FSX directly, then all you need to do is run it on the second PC, the one with WideClient running and connected. There is nothing else to be done.

If it will not run even though WideClient is running and connected, it isn't anything to do with FSUIPC or WideFS. It may be that you are mistaken, and that your application needs a different interface -- Simconnect, maybe. You need to ask their support.

Oh, one thing. I noticed on their website that they tell you to run VAFS "as administrator". If you do that (which should certainly be unnecessary) you must also run WideClient "as administrator" -- otherwise they cannot talk to each other. The same would apply on the FSX PC, FSX "as administrator" is you ran VAFS there "as administrator".

Pete