The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC /PFC Drivers

Hello.

I have not used my sim for quit some time, I have the registered versions FSUIPC and WIDE FS, and PFC,

I see the driver is version 4.2, which included WideFs and the PFC dll. all installed in FSX, 

I have no intension of going into 3D, but would like to know if I should keep drivers up to date.

and install the latest versions,

Many Thanks. 

Alan Carter

I have not used my sim for quit some time, I have the registered versions FSUIPC and WIDE FS, and PFC,

I see the driver is version 4.2, which included WideFs and the PFC dll. all installed in FSX,

The version number of the PFC driver will be different, it is a separate module. WideFS for FSX consists of two parts -- the Server built into FSUIPC4, and WideClient.exe which runs on the Clients. The client program also has its own version numbers. You can find the current version numbers of them all in the Download Links subforum here.

Version 4.2 of FSUIPC is very old and unsupportaed.

I have no intension of going into 3D, but would like to know if I should keep drivers up to date.

and install the latest versions,

Yes, you should. For at least two reasons. First is that otherwise you get no support. I cannot support old versions. And the other is because things are added and used by other applications and you may wish to actually use an FS addon at some stage and wonder why it doesn't work.

Regards

Pete

Hello Again.

I have installed the latest version on FSUIPC on my lap top, just to see all when well before doing it on my main simulator PCs. 

However I notice, in Hot Keys, there is no Restart PFC dll., it states (Reserved) Key

I have used this PFC function and found it very useful,

Has this function been removed from FSUIPC, or is it because the programme  knows that my lap top does not have the the PFC dll install in it.

Regards.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
However I notice, in Hot Keys, there is no Restart PFC dll., it states (Reserved) Key

That function only applies to version FSUIPC3. It has never been implemented in FSUIPC4 (as you can check by reading the User Guide). Why would you need it if you don't even have a PFC module installed? If you mean PFCFSX.DLL, why are you needing to restart it at all?

Pete