The simFlight Network Forums

Master Battery Problem with P3D2

I have a problem with master battery in version 4.923 (P3D2 compatible) and 4.921 (not compatible)  P3D2 (I tried both). I can't write the offset 281C or 3102, I can only read them. 

On the other hand I can send a control "TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY 66241" and it works.

A log file with events enabled is attached.

I have a problem with master battery in version 4.923 (P3D2 compatible) and 4.921 (not compatible)  P3D2 (I tried both). I can't write the offset 281C or 3102, I can only read them. 

On the other hand I can send a control "TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY 66241" and it works.

Yes, verified. It's a P3Dv2 bug and I've reported it. In FSX and P3Dv1 the "ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY" variable in SimConnect is both read and write enabled. It should be so in P3Dv2 also, but the write does nothing, not even giving an error like non-writable things do in FSX.

I could make a work-around using the control, as i have to with many unwritable values, but that mechanism normally works by detecting the error and acting accordingly. I'd rather see LM fix things than implement work-arounds in FSUIPC, but if nothing is fixed in updates then I'll have to do something myself.

Regards

Pete

LM team announced an upcoming update 2.1 but they did not announced this bug in the list. I believe this is an easy one for them to fix it.

Any news?

They don't confide in me, but there was a reply to one of my reports in the LM Forum which implied they would fix the hings I mentioned, that one included.

In FSUIPC 4.924, due for release next week, I have added an option "P3Dv2Fiddles=Yes" which will make FSUIPC implement workarounds for the little problems I found so far:

1. Using the Key event for toggling the master battery, because the SimVar writing for ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY now does nothing, and

2. Saving FLT fdiles in Autosave so they can be reloaded by my Load menu entry, and

3. Not offering to try to load .FXML files in that same facility.

I might retain (2) even when the LoadFlight for FXML files is fixed, as specifying .FLT for saving appears to save both FLT and FXML formats, which might be useful. ;-)

Pete