The simFlight Network Forums

confusion

I just installed FS Real Time and mistakenly allowed the installer to reinstall my FSUIPC again.

I then realised, it was not part of the installment, rather then a Service, because the program relies on FSUIPC.

Now I was afraid that the second Installation of FSUIPC would ruin my button assignments. I checked that immediately in my prepar3d v2 sim and was happy that everything still worked. To reasure myself, I then opened FSUIPC and checked the key assignments. To my Horror - they were gone!

But how can my sim work, if the button assignments in FSUIPC are missing? I checked the ini file and it looked like only Standard assignments were defined.  ...yikes

Along with that, I noticed that in the modules folder the files FSUIPC4.ini, *.key, *.log were also stored in the form: FSUIPC4.FSX.ini, *.key and *.log ?!

Where did those files with the "FSX" entry come from? Can anyone explain all this and tell me what to do?

Thx

Robert

I just installed FS Real Time and mistakenly allowed the installer to reinstall my FSUIPC again.

I then realised, it was not part of the installment, rather then a Service, because the program relies on FSUIPC.

Thx

Robert

I'm pretty sure that there are no rogue installers that will delete your settings. They are all help in the FSUIPC4.INI file and that need not be touched. However, you should re-install FSUIPC in order to get it back up to date. FSRealTime is a pretty old program and I'm sure any copy of FSUIPC it installs will be well out of date by now.

I checked that immediately in my prepar3d v2 sim

You found a copy of FSRealTime which is designed to install FSUIPC into P3D 2? Wow! Where? I thought FSRealTime was no longer in development.

Along with that, I noticed that in the modules folder the files FSUIPC4.ini, *.key, *.log were also stored in the form: FSUIPC4.FSX.ini, *.key and *.log ?!

Where did those files with the "FSX" entry come from? Can anyone explain all this and tell me what to do?

Ah! That sounds like something done by a migration tool, which probably tries to fool installers by making P3D look like FSX.

Try renaming those files back to their correct names. If you are lucky it's only the renaming which is messing you up. Otherwise you need to find support for the migration tool I think.

Pete

It looks like the Prepar3d v2 stores my assignments made thru FSUIPC in it's controls.cfg file.

No. it can't do that. Those will be assignments made in P3D, not in FSUIPC. Everything you do in FSUIPC is stored in the FSUIPC4.INI file, in the Modules folder.

Regards

Pete