The simFlight Network Forums

New Wilco TBM850 and FSUIPC 4.923

It seems the new TBM850 from WILCO is not compatible with FSUIPC 4.923 

Installing this plane with all administrators rights and following Wilco recommendations, i have a fatal error message and CTD when loading the plane

on FSX and on P3D v2.

AS i try on another FSX with FSUIPC 4.92 ( 09/2013 ) or on P3D V1.4 no problems on loading the plane

but if i change for FSUIPC 4.923 the same effect : Fatal error and CTD on loading the plane

Can i do something ???

AS i try on another FSX with FSUIPC 4.92 ( 09/2013 ) or on P3D V1.4 no problems on loading the plane

but if i change for FSUIPC 4.923 the same effect : Fatal error and CTD on loading the plane

Can i do something ???

I'll have to work out what is going on -- difficult without the aircraft. I need information please:

1. Your FSUIPC4.INI file

2. The FSUIPC4.LOG file

3. The crash details from the Windows event viewer log.

You can paste them all into a reply here. If this data doesn't help I might need to see Wilco can provide a copy for testing here.

Regards

Pete

It seems the new TBM850 from WILCO is not compatible with FSUIPC 4.923

I was so worried about this that I actually purchased this aircraft and installed it in FSX.

I get a crash as soon as it is loaded. but I get it with both 4.92 and 4.923, and, intrerestingly, with no FSUIPC at all!

The error is in MSVCR90.DLL, whch is just a run-time library for C/C++ functions, and happens shortly after "Tbmsound.dll" is loaded -- presumably the special sound module for the TBM840.

I think you need to report the problem to Wilco. I could find no relationship between FSUIPC and this crash -- I suspect they are referencing an uninitialised variable (the crash is due to access violation), and with that sort of error the results vary according to whatever was left in memory by some other activity. I think only this could explain the difference you see between 4.92 and 4.923.

Oh, and out of curiosity I also installed the P3D version in P3D 1.4, and get no crash with it at all, in 4.923 or 4.92. I think this pretty much proves my diagnosis.

Now I have an unwanted TBM840 ... any takers? ;-)

Regards

Pete

HI Pete

here the error message obtained by loading TBM850 in P3D v1.4 :

Fatal error 

Signature du problème :

Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH

Nom de l’application: Prepar3D.exe

Version de l’application: 1.4.4747.0

Horodatage de l’application: 50253a53

Nom du module par défaut: MSVCR90.dll

Version du module par défaut: 9.0.30729.4940

Horodateur du module par défaut: 4ca2ef57

Code de l’exception: c0000005

Décalage de l’erreur: 00051c72

Version du système: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036

Informations supplémentaires sur le problème :

LCID: 1036

Sorry, I can't upload the FSUIPC.ini file : not permitted 

I reported also  the problem to Wilco.

No soluce at this time

regards

j-c Solecki 

here the error message obtained by loading TBM850 in P3D v1.4 :
Fatal error

Yes, the same as here -- see my previous reply. This happens to me as well even without FSUIPC installed, and with 4.92 and 4.923. I gave my explanation in that previous message. It's over to Wilco now. It is not related to FSUIPC at all.

Sorry, I can't upload the FSUIPC.ini file : not permitted 

I did not ask you for the files themselves -- you only need t paste their contents into your message, as I said.

But it does not matter now -- please read my earlier message which I think you missed.

Regards

Pete

I had the same problem, even when I disable FSUIPC. So I guess Pete is right, that there is no problem with FSUIPC - but with Wilco's new TBM 850.

I wrote this to Wilco and few hours late I got an reply from them with a new DLL file to test for them. I did as requested and it seems to work now.

They now included this file in their new release (v10a), with is allready on their download-sever now.

So thanks to Pete for his work and trouble-shooting.

Michael