The simFlight Network Forums

Capt. & FO Control

Hello Pete,

I have searched the forum but cannot see this topic has been brought up before, apologies if it has.

I am wondering if it is possible to introduce axis assignments and calibration for captain and first officer, rather than the single assignments that exist currently. I am thinking about Ailerons, elevator, brakes and rudder. I feel certain you would have done this if it was possible but I thought I would ask.

Thanks

Dave

I am wondering if it is possible to introduce axis assignments and calibration for captain and first officer, rather than the single assignments that exist currently. I am thinking about Ailerons, elevator, brakes and rudder. I feel certain you would have done this if it was possible but I thought I would ask.

You can assign any number of axes to the same FS action or control, so there's no problems at all for assignment.

For calibration, FSUIPC doesn't calibrate axes as such, but the FS controls they are assigned to. Providing your axis inputs aren't widely dissimilar this shouldn't pose any problem at all. Just be sure that the central "dead" zonew covers the little sprung-centered positions of all of them.

Pete