The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC disappears

Hello everyone,

In all the years I have been using FSUIPC & WideFS it has been a rare ocassion when I have had to post in this Forum, however today experienced something that has never happened before.

Some back ground info. Using latest version of FSUIPC & WideFS, my throttle is calibrated via FSUIPC

and are using the loging tab to display VAS, all the other settings are default.

Flying on the NGX all well but after landing suddenly throttle unresponsive as well as the front wheel. When I check the Addons pull down menu FSUIPC was nowwhereto be found. On closing and restarting FSX module was again the the Addons menu.

Just out of interest wondering if anyone knows why this could have happened.

Thanks & regards

Joaquin

Flying on the NGX all well but after landing suddenly throttle unresponsive as well as the front wheel. When I check the Addons pull down menu FSUIPC was nowwhereto be found. On closing and restarting FSX module was again the the Addons menu.

Take a look at the FSUIPC4.LOG file, in the Modules folder. I think you'll find that there's been a SimConnect disconnection, and FSUIPC is trying to reconnect. This can happen when FSX is really overloaded and FSUIPC doesn't see responses from SimConnect for too long.

It shouldn't happen at all, and when it does happen it is usually recovered withing a second or two. But if it persists then the Menu entry will disappear because there's no communication between FSUIPC and FSX via SimConnect.

You can lengthen the timeout before FSUIPC begins the reconnection attempts. If the situation isn't too dire this may help. but the best thing to do is find the cause of the problem. Something is not allowing SimConnect to service all of its clients. Maybe a SimConnect log will help determine what (but beware, a full SimConnect log for a busy system will be really huge!). The FAQ subforum has a thread showing how to get a SmConnect log.

The parameter to set the FSUIPC SimConnect timeouts is SimConnectStallTime=1. That's 1 second. Try 2 or more if you like.

Pete