The simFlight Network Forums

ATC MODEL Readout

Good day everybody,

I am coding a flight tracker for myself and I wanted to read out the current loaded Aircraft Model (f.e B738).

But in the documentation of FSUIPC I can only find, how I can read the Aircraft Type (f.e. Boeing) out.

Now my question is, if somebody can tell me the Offset to be used for reading the Aircraft Model.

I already googled about it, but I was unable to find a correct answer.

Hope you can help me.

Best Regards

your F_TraX

I am coding a flight tracker for myself and I wanted to read out the current loaded Aircraft Model (f.e B738).

But in the documentation of FSUIPC I can only find, how I can read the Aircraft Type (f.e. Boeing) out.

You did not search for "aircraft model" or similar? The offsets list, installed in your FSUIPC documents folder, tells you it is offset 3500.

I already googled about it, but I was unable to find a correct answer.

I don't think Google delves into all the documentation as you can! ;-)

Pete

Well I was working with the wrong list of Offsets. (Click)

Now I am working with the correct one (hopefully the newest ;) )

Phew! That's the 2006 edition! Are you using a very old SDK? You should download the current one. The document is okay (it covers FS2004 and before), but you need to keep up to date -- as you do with FSUIPC itself, which is now 3.999z8 (full install) and 3.999z9 (module only) -- see the Download Links subforum.

If you are working with FSX or P3D you should use the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status document as well, as it updates the list for those sims. The current version of FSUIPC for FSX/P3D is 4.924a (but 4.925 is almost ready).

With all recent FSUIPC installers the atest version of the Offsets lists have also been installed in the FSUIPC Documents folder, to save folks having to download complete SDKs just for minor changes.

Regards

Pete