The simFlight Network Forums

Wideclient Error=193

I am trying to run  my instrument prog, GAPanel, from a button screen button on my slave pc.  I can get it to run using the line

RunKey1="C:\Program Files (x86)\GAPanel\GAPanel.exe"

This will open the prog and loads the default panel, which has been satisfactory up to now whilst I only used one panel.

However I then need to access the progs stored files to open a different panel- I have 3 different panels depending on which aircraft I fly.  I can get them to run by opening Widows explorer and double clicking on the various entries (or right click and Open) but I can't get them to run using a RunKey command

RunKey4="C:\Program Files (x86)\GAPanel\Panels\Extra 300.pnl"

Wideclient give me  a "couldn't run" message with error=193.

After Googling this error it seems to mean a Windows error as Extra 300.pnl is not is not a valid Win32 application.

Is there any way I can cause these 3 different panels top be loaded by choice from a button screen key without having to get the mouse out again?

However I then need to access the progs stored files to open a different panel- I have 3 different panels depending on which aircraft I fly.  I can get them to run by opening Widows explorer and double clicking on the various entries (or right click and Open) but I can't get them to run using a RunKey command

RunKey4="C:\Program Files (x86)\GAPanel\Panels\Extra 300.pnl"

Wideclient give me  a "couldn't run" message with error=193.

After Googling this error it seems to mean a Windows error as Extra 300.pnl is not is not a valid Win32 application.

Which is true. It looks like that is a data file. You need to run the program which loads it, instead, giving the panel name as a parameter. The only reason it runs when you use the mouse is that you, or an installer, has told Windows that this type of file is associated with that program -- just like a file of type PDF gets Adbe Reader to load, and .TXT files are default associated with Notepad. File associations only work with Explorer, not with the "CreateProcess" methods used by WideClient to run programs.

Regards

Pete

• 5 months later...

The problem lies with your Registry. Some of the Registry strings got changed. Restore the default values of the strings in the following Registry sub key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AudioEndPointBuilder

If the problem still persists, you might have to unregister and reregister the Windows Installer files with the help of Command prompt. More detailed info here.