The simFlight Network Forums

Macro programming for PDC Cirrus II console

Hi,

I wanted to change the default Switch assigment of the "NAV" Switch on the Cirrus II console from PFC. The purpose was to turn on the beacon and NAV light, but not the Panel light (which is default).

So, I wrote the following macro:

[Macros]

1=Nav=C66239

1.1=Nav=C66379

The result was, that the Beacon light can be switched on and off now with the "NAV" switch on the Cirrus console, but the NAV light does not show any reaction - why? (line 1.1 in the macro file above)

Also, when I load the plane (Standard Cessna 172), the beacon light is always "ON", so it does not match to the hardware switch, which is in the off position at startup - so I have to first move the switch on the screen into the off position so that both - panel and hardware switch position - are synchronized.

As a turnaround, I tried the following AUTO sequence in the FSUIPC.ini:

[Auto]

1=66239,0

But it did not help...

Any ideas how I can synchronize the switches without any fancy Lua programming - and turn on the NAV light in the same step?

FSUIPC version 4.92

PFCHid version 1.30

Thanks a lot,

Thomas

I wanted to change the default Switch assigment of the "NAV" Switch on the Cirrus II console from PFC. The purpose was to turn on the beacon and NAV light, but not the Panel light (which is default).

So, I wrote the following macro:

[Macros]

1=Nav=C66239

1.1=Nav=C66379

The result was, that the Beacon light can be switched on and off now with the "NAV" switch on the Cirrus console, but the NAV light does not show any reaction - why? (line 1.1 in the macro file above)

You have the format for macros wrong. I'm not sure where you got that from. The format is EITHER

1=Nav=C66239

OR

1=Nav

1.1=C66379

In the latter case you can have further lines, 1.2, 1.3 etc for additional actions. In the former case, that's it.

As a turnaround, I tried the following AUTO sequence in the FSUIPC.ini:

[Auto]

1=66239,0

But it did not help...

Again the format is wrong.  The [Auto] section can execute Lua plug ins or Macros, but there are no direct assignments in such a section, only macro calls ("file:name"), or Lua calls ("Lua name"), as documented.

Pete