The simFlight Network Forums

PFC avionics stack: Transponder mode reprogramming

I have noticed that the FSUIPC "special controls" also contain the handling of the Transponder mode (STBY, ON, ALT, TEST).

I want to use this with a macro for my PFC avionics stack - but how can I address the different stages as parameters for the mode selector (It has 5 stages). I did not really find the answer in the PFChid documentation, so I tried this:

[macros]

1=TxpndrMode,1=C1119 // Transponder knob STDBY --> FSUIPC command Xpndr stby

2=TxpndrMode,2=C1120 // Transponder knob ON --> FSUIPC command Xpndr on

But it did not work...I don´t know if the comma is the right syntax for the parameter here.

By they way: which is the correct FSUIPC control for the "ALT" mode? "XPndr Toddle"?

Thanks a lot, Thomas

I have noticed that the FSUIPC "special controls" also contain the handling of the Transponder mode (STBY, ON, ALT, TEST).

I want to use this with a macro for my PFC avionics stack - but how can I address the different stages as parameters for the mode selector (It has 5 stages). I did not really find the answer in the PFChid documentation, but how about this:

[macros]

1=TxpndrMode,1=C1119 // Transponder knob STDBY --> FSUIPC command Xpndr stby

2=TxpndrMode,2=C1120 // Transponder knob ON --> FSUIPC command Xpndr on

Don´t know if the comma is the right syntax for the parameter here.

No! The parameter would be supplied as the parameter to the control. And you can't have two macros with the same name in any case.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do which isn't already done inside PFCHid. All those FSUIPC transponder mode controls do is set values to the offset 7B91 for Squawkbox attention, and this is exactly what PFCHid does itself, already! So you aren't accomplishing anything different.

There are no transponder modes in any default aircraft, and even with add-on aircraft they wouldn't do anything unless you are flying on-line.

Regards

Pete

I understand.. but what is the selector for a multi-stage switch, like the tank selector for example?

For simple buttons I can use "+" or "-", but what if there are 3 or more stages?

Sorry, might be a silly question for you, but the PFChid documentation is rather short in explaining this.

Thanks, Thomas

I understand.. but what is the selector for a multi-stage switch, like the tank selector for example?

For simple buttons I can use "+" or "-", but what if there are 3 or more stages?

Sorry, might be a silly question for you, but the PFChid documentation is rather short in explaining this.

No, not a silly question. I don't use this software and haven't really looked at it for a few years, excepting a couple of minor changes to fix a problem one user reported (to do with multiple profiles and not changing correctly when the aircraft was changed). So I don't remember, and have to look things up in the documentation just like yourself.

The example it quotes which is a multi-position switch similar to the transponder is the Magneto switch (or switches, Magneto1 and Magneto2). As you'll see there the five possible switch positions are 0-5 and this number acts as the Parameter passed for the control sent in the Macro -- all macros are like button assignments and have a control value and an optional parameter (see FSUIPC assignments).

The parameter will be 0 to n for n+1 positions.

Pete

Thanks Pete - I know now how to handle the parameters, but how to differentiate the state of the switch within the macro?

For the landing gear, you wrote in the manual:

[macros]

1=LandingGear+ = Cxxxxx,1

Which is easy: Landing Gear is either "+" or "-"

But how to deal with the Magneto? Like this?

[macros]

1=Magneto1_0=Cxxxxx,0  //Magneto "off"

2=Magneto1_1=Cxxxxx,1 //Magneto "right"

3=Magneto1_2=Cxxxxx,2 //Magneto "Left"

I hope you understand what I mean :razz:

But how to deal with the Magneto? Like this?

[macros]

1=Magneto1_0=Cxxxxx,0  //Magneto "off"

2=Magneto1_1=Cxxxxx,1 //Magneto "right"

3=Magneto1_2=Cxxxxx,2 //Magneto "Left"

No! The name of the macro is Magneto1. That's it. The number, 0-4 is passed as the parameter. It is NOT part of the macro name.

At least that's what the documentation says! Without delving into the code I'm 99% sure that's correct. The words in the documentation actually do say that.

So you only have ONe (1) entry:

1=Magneto1=Cxxxxx

You don't specify the parameter for the control because that's provided by the switch value. If you provided a parameter value it would override the switch value so making all positions do identical things.

[LATER]

I can delve into the code when I get back from holiday, on the 9th January, but I won’t have time before then. Maybe if the way it currently works makes it difficult I can make some alternative arrangements in the code, but meanwhile you’d probably need to use Offset controls and/or Lua plug-ins to do clever things with multiway switches.

[Odd all this cropping up after several years with no questions about PFCHid arising at all!]

Pete

Thanks Pete - no hurry, please stay relaxed in your holidays  :razz:

They reason why this was popping up was because I bought the console a few days ago ;-)

I will do the reprogramming with Lua scripts, no need for any alternative codes from your side.

Thanks a lot, and enjoy your vacation!