The simFlight Network Forums

New Delays With Radar Contact

Hello Mr. Dowson. Hope your holiday was a pleasant one. I have listed this issue with Radar Contact and HIFI/ASN as well in the hopes that the source can be tracked down.

Here is the issue: I have FSX/Acceleration, Win7 x64, latest version of FSUIPC. With the release of ASN and the latest update of FSUIPC I immediately started having extreme delays in the responsiveness of Radar Contact. Its to the point where its virtually unusable. I have tried numerous uninstalls/reinstalls of all programs and it doesn't help. Personally, I think its a problem with ASN but I'm not tech savvy when it comes to programming so.... 

My hope is that between the 3 of you the issue may be nailed down. Please let me know what files/logs you may need and I will be glad to send them to you.

Again, hope your holiday was great, Happy New Year and I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

Hello Mr. Dowson. Hope your holiday was a pleasant one. I have listed this issue with Radar Contact and HIFI/ASN as well in the hopes that the source can be tracked down.

Here is the issue: I have FSX/Acceleration, Win7 x64, latest version of FSUIPC. With the release of ASN and the latest update of FSUIPC I immediately started having extreme delays in the responsiveness of Radar Contact. Its to the point where its virtually unusable. I have tried numerous uninstalls/reinstalls of all programs and it doesn't help. Personally, I think its a problem with ASN but I'm not tech savvy when it comes to programming so.... 

My hope is that between the 3 of you the issue may be nailed down. Please let me know what files/logs you may need and I will be glad to send them to you.

Again, hope your holiday was great, Happy New Year and I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

Delays will only be due to the lack of processing time being given to Radar Contact. you need to either reduce the loading on your PC (eg by moving either RC or ASN off to a client PC) or make some changes to priorities, perhaps giving RC an "above normal" priority.  There's a program called FSXAssist which can do that for you, I think.

Pete

Good day Mr. Dowson. I have to apologize for an error which turned out to be my fault. After speaking with JD from Radar Contact I discovered that at some point I had inadvertently clicked "show text" in the RC options menu. Its never been on before and I'm still not sure how it happened but, it is what it is. So thank you and again, Happy New Year.