The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC & P3D v2

Dear Pete!

I have installed P3d v2 and the lates version of FSUPC (4928 shown in the FSUPIC4.FSX config file)

On my System there is no FSX installed but i have a Migration Tool that can enable a virtual FSX

Unfortunately, when i start P3D after a while i get a "Fatal Error" message and P3D closes.

When i remove FSUIPC from the Modules folder it is working well.

I have tried to install FSUIPC again, with the virtual FSX and without

I tried the loader DLL and without

nothing working. If i use FSUIPC my P3D will crash.

One curious thing: On your site there is shown: FSUIPC4 4.927a to download but i get 4928. Is that ok?

any ideas?

With kind regards

Klaus Troemer

On my System there is no FSX installed but i have a Migration Tool that can enable a virtual FSX

Unfortunately, when i start P3D after a while i get a "Fatal Error" message and P3D closes.

When i remove FSUIPC from the Modules folder it is working well.

If you've used a method to fool installers into thinking you are using FSX then it is possible that FSUIPC also thinks it is FSX, and that will certainly cause crashes.

Without any information about your crash I can't really advise further. I would need to see the FSUIPC4.LOG and FSUIPC4 Instal.LOG files from the Modules folder, and the Crash details from the Windows even log, which will identify the module at fault -- it may not even be FSUIPC but a problem elsewhere which is influenced by the presence of FSUIPC. After all, there are many users of P3DV2 who do not experince such crashes -- myself for one. You can paste the log texts into a reply here.

One curious thing: On your site there is shown: FSUIPC4 4.927a to download but i get 4928. Is that ok?

I don't have a site. All of my software is hosted here, on SimFlight, and accessible in the Download Links subforum above. You probably mean the Schiratti site, which is Mr. Schiratti's, not mine. His links point to software here which I can update but I cannot change his text. I wrote to him to ask him to update that when 4.928 was released, but he sometimes takes a week or two to do it.

Pete