The simFlight Network Forums

FSX arrow key

The left arrow key is inoperative for some (not all) functions with FSUIPC 4.928 installed. Works normally with FSUIPC off (.dll removed from modules folder). Inoperative functions include roll left in all aircraft and TDC left in the VRS F18E TackPack. The right, up, and down keys down work normally regardless of FSUIPC status. There is no function assigned to the left, right, up, or down keys in FSUIPC or FSX.

The left arrow key is inoperative for some (not all) functions with FSUIPC 4.928 installed. Works normally with FSUIPC off (.dll removed from modules folder). Inoperative functions include roll left in all aircraft and TDC left in the VRS F18E TackPack. The right, up, and down keys down work normally regardless of FSUIPC status. There is no function assigned to the left, right, up, or down keys in FSUIPC or FSX.

Well, you say that, but FSUIPC doesn't handle any keypresses at all unless you assign to them. Rename or delete your FSUIPC4 INI file to see what happens then.

Pete

Yeah, I understand about the key assignments, which is what confused me. Anyway, the key works normally with the .ini file removed. What other effect will removing that file have?    Bob

The INI file contains all the settings you've made in FSUIPC. If you remove it all those settings revert to default (in a newly generated INI file).  If you don't actually use FSUIPC for anything this won't matter I suppose.

All you've really proven is that something you've set assigns the arrow key to something and you've not remembered that.

Pete