The simFlight Network Forums

Wideclient - different ini files?

I am using Wideclient to run different programs on a laptop that does not has FSX installed.

Therefore in the ini file of Wideclient I have for example:

run1=c:\games\FSC9\FSC.exe

\\\\run1=c:\games\Plan-G\Plan-G3.exe

If I want to use Plan-G instead of FSC (FlightSim Commander) I just deactivate the first run1 and activate the second run1.

My question is: is it possible to have different Wideclient shortcuts to read different ini files? For example, shortcut 1 would read wideclient1.ini which contains  

run1=c:\games\FSC9\FSC.exe

while Wideclient shortcut 2 would read wideclient2.ini which contains

run1=c:\games\Plan-G\Plan-G3.exe

This way it would be easier to launch the desired program because it would not require to open and change the ini file,

Thanks!

Edmundo Azevedo

My question is: is it possible to have different Wideclient shortcuts to read different ini files? For example, shortcut 1 would read wideclient1.ini which contains 

Not as such, no, but WideClient is small enough to occupy little disk space in any case, so just have separate folders containing Wideclient.EXE and the appropriate INI, and launch appropriately.

What I do is place WideClient + INI in the actual application folder, so there's an obvios tie-up between which one loads what.

Another way is to use RunKey instead of Run and use a button or key from your FS PC, via KeySend, to load whichever app you want. You could also close them with CloseKey.

Regards

Pete