The simFlight Network Forums

DirectInput8Create failed, return = 80040154

Axis calibration? In FSX? Or are you talking about FSUIPC? If so what actual version number? Where are you reading the error?

Error 80040154 is a "class not registered" exception, which implies a DirectX error in your Windows installation. Download and install the latest DirectX from Microsoft.

Pete

axis calibration in FSUIPC. Sorry. have latest version on Directx 11.  When I run DxDiag comes back with no problems found.Saitex Pro Flight yoke is listed in DxDiag under USB controllers.  Am reading this error in FSUIPC4.log.FSUIPC version 4.927a. registered.  want to use FSUIPC for controllers as fsx keeps dropping connections to yoke with Windows 8.1.

axis calibration in FSUIPC. Sorry. have latest version on Directx 11.  When I run DxDiag comes back with no problems found.Saitex Pro Flight yoke is listed in DxDiag under USB controllers. 

There's no "axis calibration" in FSUIPC. There's axis assignment, but joystick calibration is a separate issue -- calibration works on FS controls and operates with axes assigned in FSX or in FSUIPC. You answer is therefore ambiguous.

Am reading this error in FSUIPC4.log.FSUIPC version 4.927a. registered.  want to use FSUIPC for controllers as fsx keeps dropping connections to yoke with Windows 8.1.

I'm afraid version 4.927a is out of date and unsupported. Please update to 4.928, released over a week ago now.

The error you report from FSUIPC is merely an error reported by Windows to FSUIPC and passed on. I can do no more than suggest that something is wrong with your joystick and DirectX installation. FSUIPC cannot manufacture Windows DirectX errors like this one. Try reinstalling DirectX and also uninstalling and reinstalling your joysticks.

Pete